SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandca

Granite/Quartz counter installation & sink advice please

sandca
13 years ago

I would like to have the largest size undermount stainless steel sink that can be installed in a 30" IKEA cabinet (28.5" clearance on inside). The cabinet will be in a peninsula. I hope to get some neutral advice before I speak to any fabricators. Since I prefer flexibility I would like a sink installation that could be removed without destroying the counter. Would mechanical support be best? I've seen 2 sinks on ebay that might be appropriate.

30x18x9 outside 28x16 inside

28x18x10 outside 26x16 inside

I would prefer the first one because it is slightly bigger, does not have 0 radius corners and is cheaper but I am afraid it will be too big for the cabinet. I assume the cabinet sides could be shaved down so the flange would sit flush with the cabinet sides. Would this be recommended? Would the flange sandwiched between the cabinet sides and counter make the installation permanent? If the flange is supported by the cabinet sides would a wood base or metal brackets to support the sink be overkill? I'm guessing that clips would not be possible or necessary.

I'm not sure if they use 3 cm stone or 2 cm stone with plywood in this area. Would this have any effect on the size of sink that is possible?

I would like to order one of the sinks. If you were my fabricator which one would you recommend as the more appropriate size?

Comments (5)