SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pahlawan

Kitchen Layout - How to Improve?

pahlawan
6 years ago

Hi!

I have been lurking and learning from so many posts here to prep for some renovation work. We have an old house and we have to tackle the kitchen first.

Above is a draft of the layout. Areas of concern:

1. The entrance to the basement - There is a door there right now. We will ask a contractor about feasibility of building a trap door. The basement houses just the furnace, so barely any traffic.

2. I know the refrigerator is close to the corner. We will have the door open the other way. Would that work? We do have the utility cabinet next to it if we have to make adjustments.

3. I plan on having stools on the left side of the island. It's only two of us at home, so not much traffic expected.

4. I wanted to have the cabinet under the island that is facing the sink, to be drawers for plates, but just realized i would not be able to open the dishwasher at the same time as the drawer. So I can'y empty the dishwasher into drawer immediately. Any suggestions welcomed.

I am new to the software, so the measurements might not be too exact by an inch or two (and I don't know how to get ride of the diagonal dotted lines). The island can be adjusted to provide some clearance. Below is the layout.

Please let me know if any info or measurements are missing. Any suggestions/advice is very much appreciated!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County