SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tannersfloor_installation

Kitchen cabinet layout - any improvements welcome

JKJ000
4 years ago
last modified: 4 years ago

I need help! I'm in the very beginning phase of redoing my kitchen. I'm tearing out the original cabinets from 1969 and replacing with new. I've gotten the plans back and I just think they can be better. At least I hope they can be better. So I hope someone here can offer ideas. I'm open to any suggestions.
I live in a modest 1700 sq ft home.
It's just my husband and I nowadays. I'm usually the one who does the cooking. My main goal is to get as much storage out of the space I have as possible.
I love the idea of drawers in the lower cabinets. It seems with this layout the drawers are so small it may be a waste of space.
The pantry in current plan seems tiny but I can't find any other place for it.
I'm not crazy about the refrigerator placement either. It will sit in the middle of the wall and makes the cabinet beside it only 15 inches before u get to the corner cabinet.
Not sure if I should go with a corner cabinet or not. Would I get more room without it.
I would love to put my microwave somewhere else but where?
I don't know if I'm focusing on the wrong things or what. I never realized my kitchen was so small until I started trying to put all the things I like in it.
I welcome any ideas.Pictures in comments sorry I couldn't find how to include them here

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Dream Design Construction LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Loudoun County's Innovative General Contractors