SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
2manydiversions

DH is *such* a help with Kitchen Reno ideas… NOT! :- )

2ManyDiversions
6 years ago

We’re just starting out and it seems first it’s one problem then another that must be done before we even attempt demo. As partly DIY’ers, it’s work!

Before flooring goes in we need to correct some drainage and moisture issues, then realized we needed to remove 16 large trees before we did that, then realized we needed to… you get the idea! And last Friday I stupidly lost my balance, slammed my face into a door frame, broke my nose and concussed myself (beachem and I are starting a concussion support group, ha ha!)

So as we fill our spare moments investigating popcorn ceiling removal, range vents, make-up air, cabinetry estimates, slabs of countertop materials, appliance choices, et al, we are also studying and planning new plumbing routes, moving walls, replacing and re-routing electric, and the list goes on – meanwhile I feel like having a nervous breakdown!

DH apparently felt I needed a good laugh (despite how much that hurts my now French’s mustard colored nose), because he sent me this today:

Babe, this is the type of ‘compression’ plumbing I plan for our sinks…

And I know you’re concerned about the budget, so I found a way we can save money on the range hood, venting and duct-work.

(I’m pretty sure that’s a dryer vent connected to the duct work)

Men, ya gotta love them… even when it hurts!

Anyone else starting or in the middle of renovations running into problems – funny or painfully difficult? Post your pain!

Comments (14)