SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bpath

Facebook privacy help!

bpath
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I have a FB privacy question, I'm not even sure how to ask it on FB. Here's the situation: I have a FB friend who also posts in a particular group. FB has started showing me those posts (as FB is wont to do). I don't care, I ignore things that don't apply to me, and I never, ever respond to, "like", etc, that friend's posts in that group.

BUT. I have another FB friend who is not friends with the first. They most likely do know each other. I imagine they have some shared FB friends besides me, because they have shared, shall we say "associations", in real life. I would think it highly inappropriate and hurtful for her to see any of the posts in the group from the first friend, or TBH, that the first friend is even in that group.

I wish I had a better understanding of how FB decides to share posts. I know I can opt to see fewer posts from the first friend, but I really just want to be sure that I am not the conduit for posts in the group that the second friend might see. As I type this I can't find whether the group is closed, private, secret, or some other classification.

Any tips for how to be sure any information isn't spread via me? (Not to make it all about me, but it really isn't appropriate for me or anyone to be a conduit between these two friends. I can manage it IRL, but I don't know how to manage FB.)

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!