SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kaismom

24 inch range and 18 inch DW: what are they like to use?

6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

We used to have a mother-in-law apartment in our basement. We took out the kitchen for many years. Now the kids are heading off to college soon, my DH wants the apartment back. His main reason is to have life in the house when we travel for weeks at a time. I am not retired but my work schedule is flexible to take 6 to 8 weeks off at a time. (We will have no trouble renting it out to quality people. I don't want to discuss that here...)

The kitchen will be small. I am thinking of using 24 inch range and 18 inch DW. I will spend the money and get above average quality appliances even for a rental. If I can find a decent 24 inch induction range at a reasonable price, that is what I would use. Otherwise, I will buy a gas range.

For those of you that have used these small appliances, what are they like to use?

I will make sure that the oven can accommodate a standard Half sheet pan. To me that is the minimum necessary for a usable oven.

If it is between the counter space and standard size appliances, what would you chose?

Comments (20)