SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_16785065

Picked up "the big sick" from Redbox. I'm curious if anyone

User
6 years ago

has seen it and has thoughts.

I enjoyed it. I was expecting something along the lines of "Bridesmaid" which I thought was uproariously funny. Judd Apatow is prolific and I've only seen his more popular movies. Knock-up, 40 year old Virgin are good comedy imo.

The big sick isn't comedy but part of it is about being a comedian. It's basically a love story with a couple of dire twists and a surprise ending. I really liked the leads in this movie: Kumail Nanjiani, Zoe Kazan, Holly Hunter and Ray Romano. Kumail and Zoe are understated considering this is romantic drama. I found myself taken in when they were together really interested to know what one would say or do. Holly Hunter is right for this role and I do love her southern drawl and her as a bad azz mom, yet never over the top in gestures, voice, and attitude. Ray is Ray. I like him. He played well off Holly's more emotional demeanor. Zoe is similar to Kumail in being understated but likeable.

I so wanted a happy ending. :)) I always do. Won't give it away in case anyone wants to see the movie. I give it four stars.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES
More Discussions