SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

I'm hoopin' it up! (Terriks!)

User
15 years ago

My sports hoop arrived today, and while DH was putting it together for me, I just stood there watching with great apprehension, thinking there's just no way that I, the girl who could never get a hula hoop to go 'round her midsection more than twice, was gonna be able to do this.

Boy, was I ever wrong.

I am in love! I'm really trying not to overdo it, but I haven't had this much fun in a long time! On my second attempt I was getting the hoop to go around multiple times, and in the short span of this evening, I've gone from feeling and looking rather awkward with it to actually being somewhat graceful at it! I've just finished hooping to a Latin jazzy Tito Puente number, and this feels much more like dance than a workout. Plus, dare I say it, I think a person could start to feel rather sexy doing these moves! (DH keeps coming into the room where I'm doing this and watching! He seems a bit intrigued! LOL!)

As I said, I don't want to overdo -- don't want to do too much too soon -- but it's an absolute blast. For any of you who are "on the fence" about ordering a hoop (or making your own!), I highly recommend that you do.

Oh, and my midsection does feel a little sore where the hoop hits, so I probably will pick up a belt when I'm out tomorrow. I do think I could get used to the feeling of where the hoop hits fairly quickly, though, and I may not need to use the belt for long.

Thanks so much for telling us about hooping, Terriks! I would never have looked into this, if not for you.

Comments (96)