SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
faithlumabaslee

I've repotted my sick fiddle fig... what do I do now? PLEASE HELP ME!

faithlumabaslee
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hi! I bought a fiddle fig a few weeks ago. I have put it in the brightest part of my living room, and tried to make sure it would only get watered when dry. But, it started developing dark spots at the edges of the leaves, and two leaves have dropped off. The tops where the buds would be are black and dry. It got worse, and I was so afraid I had overdone keeping it dry that I brought it out and let some rain fall on it, and watered it. I noticed roots on the surface, so decided that it must be pot bound and I need to repot. So I took it out, teased the roots and took out the soil around the roots. There was only one major strand of roots circling the pot. I then spread out the roots and put it in the pot with fresh soil. I noticed that, despite the watering it got 2 days ago, the roots and soil was so barely damp that my hands didn't really get wet, and I could brush off the soil from my hands and they were pretty dry. I do not know if I should water it now, a good long drink, or wait a bit more... I was seeing videos where they dry it out for a few weeks... what do I do please? I don't want my fig to die!!! I brought it out to get more sun and fresh air... Btw, I live in Asia where it is warm year round... it is just a bit more rainy these days.

Comment

Sponsored
KA Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Industry Leading General Contractors in Columbus