SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dedtired

What do you do to "carpe diem"?

dedtired
6 years ago

Yesterday was so sad. First the horrendous news about the Las Vegas shooting and then at the end of the day a call from a high school friend to tell me she has stage 4 lung cancer and is on hospice care. She was basically calling to say goodbye. She did not want me to be shocked when I heard the news of her likely passing. That was so selfless, but heartbreaking for me. Her words of advice were to enjoy travel, friends, family and whatever I love to do since we never know when we will no longer be able to do those things.

I keep thinking about what I should be doing now that I will later regret losing the chance to do. I know I am a terrible procrastinator and suffer from analysis paralysis. At my age can certainly look back at missed opportunities. I am starting by arranging to get together with those friends to who I keep saying "oh, we should get together" but never follow up.

How about you? I know we all get bogged down in life's minutiae, but what do you do, or would do, to seize the day?

Comments (13)