SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
joeblfsk

LOOKS LIKE THEY'RE BACK !!!

Having fought diligently against the Cuban Tree Frogs for two years, I declared victory in late 2015 when they seemed to disappear from my neighborhood here in SW Florida. My disgust for these gluttonist creatures fomented immediately when I saw one of them in the process of swallowing whole a peaceful smaller native green tree frog.

Naïve I suppose for me to assume my vigorous confrontations had defeated these disgusting invaders. Three hours ago as I adjusted the guide strings on my baby Valencia Pride mango tree, - only 3 ft high, in the ground only 4 weeks and soon to be largest tree on my property, - there, sunning himself on a leaf was another pale tan, huge round-toed CTF !

Realizing I would most likely have to go against these creatures once more, alone, - I promptly retrieved the only two remaining 1 1/2 " wide white plastic pipes I still had left. About 3 ft long, they are now wedged into the grassy lawn and standing upright in amongst my mango trees,...as suggested by the University of Florida. A brilliant idea as they proved to be excellent CTF traps back then. Am ready for another 2 year war, but hoping this is only a mild invasion, one that will be over in weeks, not years !

Anyone else out there noticing these guys showing up again ?

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting