SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sally2_gw

They're gone! They're all gone!

sally2_gw
15 years ago

My recipes I had saved on the computer were lost in my recent computer problems. Waaaaaaa, booo hoooo, waahhh! *snif*.

Recently, DH decided to make more room on the computer and started dumping things he felt were no longer needed. No, he didn't dump the recipes, but he accidentally dumped something, or something went wrong in the process, and the whole computer system crashed. He worked for days to get things back up, and had to re-load the system, which the computer didn't want him to do, which gave him a headache, and all kinds of complications happened that are too boring to go into. Anyway, he finally got things back up and running.

Fast forward to a day or so ago, and there's a thread I want to contribute a recipe to. I go to look for my recipe file, and can't find it. It's gone! All of the recipes I've cut and pasted and saved from the forums and other sources are gone. All of Ann T.'s cookbooks - gone. Waaaaaaaaaaa!

Anyway, for all of you that have a lot of recipes on your computer, don't be stupid like I was - back them up on a separate disk or something where they'll be safe. At least I'd printed out a lot of the recipes I had on the computer. Having them handy on the computer made it a lot easier if I wanted to share on a thread. Well, now I get to start all over again.

It sure makes me appreciate all the contributions you all have made, and all the recipes you've provided.

Sally

Comments (15)