SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
aprilneverends

The Undertones (and other animals(c) Thread

aprilneverends
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

After three(I think) years of extensive reading on colors (actually many more, but three years ago we started our infamous remodel, so became burning issue for me) I become more and more enchanted, more and more interested, and more and more confused too..

(maybe confusion should go hand in hand with becoming more enchated ,and is natural enchantments' companion:)

I'm lost in colors' names..I though I know where greige is and what is taupe but stubborn colors in my house (in places they should be greige or taupe or off white)are sometimes this, someties that..then they become oatmeal..then they're bordering off white..some can read as same colors sometimes, after me choosing them with such degree of devotion.

so. what is greige and what is taupe? I thought taupe has more red in it, greige has more green..but my own colors(and other people's definitions I stumble on sometimes) laugh in my face several times a day.

do you find, say, Maria Killiam's system of neutral's undertones helpful( I did, to a degree)? If not-do you have other system you go by? Doesn't have to be anything serious, just the way you think about defining and recognizing colors?

What's a neutral, at all? I'm not sure there's lot of consensus about that too.

In short. Whether you have strong opinion about undertone(is it helpful? does it exist? is it undertone at all? lol), or just want to share your thoughts -please do. Even if my confusion won't go away, I'll still have my enchantment

And if it does-I'm sure I'll find another inspiration it the thread to keep my enchantment alive:) I hope you'll do too.

Comments (32)