"Gardenweb" is pretty much finished?
9 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (8)
- 8 years ago
Related Discussions
Pretty much no butterflies this year. :(
Comments (9)I planted a new butterfly garden this year, since I moved into a new house. The bed turned out to be much shadier than I expected, but I was glad when the season ended up being so hot and dry. I'm sure I would have lost a lot of my seedlings if they'd had to endure the severe weather before being well established. I haven't seen any Monarchs, but was lucky to get a donation of eggs from NaturesFolly. They are just eclosing now. I did have tons of Red Admirals earlier, and will occasionally see a pair of them chasing around the back yard. I've only seen one Eastern Tiger Swallowtail actually nectaring on a flower in the garden. Hopefully next year will be busier, once the plants are better established and (hopefully) the weather improves. Good luck to everyone! Martha...See MoreOK, pretty much complete with tub pics too (for tracyfam)
Comments (2)It turned out great, pf! I would love to have light like that in my master bath. Nice work!...See MoreMaster Bath (Pretty Much) Complete
Comments (48)kaysd - well, DH goes to California a fair bit for work, so I'll tag along on his next trip! :) lascatx - very good point about aging in place and lifting heavy ipe panels. We definitely plan to sell this house when our son is 18 or so (still 13 years away), so we don't have that worry with this house at any rate. I quite liked the aesthetics of my original bathroom too. We assumed we'd keep it as is for at least five years, maybe longer. But the shower broke down, the tile job was poor, the plumber told us it was only a matter of time before the toilet started to leak, we had a view of the toilet from our bed, the oak cabinets couldn't open fully (they hit the pedestal sink, so could only open partially), and while sitting on the toilet you could literally lean on the shower wall on one side and the cabinet on the other. So, a pretty enough face, but the rest was a disaster! We are loving the new space. My DD (8) showered in our bathroom the other day and nows begs not to be forced to shower in 'her' bathroom (you have to step into the narrow tub and pull a shower curtain, *gasp*). Maybe we do need a lock on our bathroom! :)...See MoreKitchen Finished! (pretty much)
Comments (43)Juno_barks and Gidge816, I think it's certainly worth getting some samples and seeing how it looks. Our first choice was super white and it was actually half installed in the kitchen and then removed. As I recall it had a slightly warmer tone to it than the iceberg but was very similar in terms of movement etc. The Calacatta tile that I used would probably be a better choice than a colder toned marble but again, your mileage may vary depending on your other choices and light etc....See More- 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
- 8 years agolast modified: 8 years ago
Related Stories

KITCHEN DESIGNSee a Pretty and Practical Kitchen Nook Makeover
Dark finishes and drab walls got the switcheroo, making way for springtime-fresh colors and kid-friendly touches
Full Story
COASTAL STYLEMy Houzz: Pretty Tropical Touches in South Carolina
Beachy art, rattan seating and gold finishes give the rooms a sunny vibe
Full Story
KITCHEN DESIGNStylish New Kitchen, Shoestring Budget: See the Process Start to Finish
For less than $13,000 total — and in 34 days — a hardworking family builds a kitchen to be proud of
Full Story
PRODUCT PICKSGuest Picks: Go-To Sources for Pretty Pillows
10 great shops to help you find your perfect accent pillow
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Pretty Meets Practical in a 1920s Walk-Up
Creative styling gives an 800-square-foot rental such an inspired homey air, you might just miss the office in the living room
Full Story
TRADITIONAL STYLE10 Elements of the Pale and Pretty ‘Country Chic’ Look
Embrace rustic simplicity with whitewashed woodwork, faded florals, soft pastels and more
Full Story
COLOR10 Pretty Ways to Refresh a Gray Palette
Energize your favorite gray shades with pick-me-up accents as fresh as a spring day
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESDIY Project: Sit Pretty with Mismatched Chairs
Create a one-of-a-kind dining set from a collection of cast-offs
Full Story
BATHROOM DESIGNA Crash Course in Bathroom Faucet Finishes
Learn the pros and cons of 9 popular faucet finishes
Full StoryMore Discussions

trickyputt