SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sochi

Master Bath (Pretty Much) Complete

sochi
11 years ago

Thanks for the help and inspiration I received on all three forums - kitchen, bath and decor, Dianalo, Cloudbase, Palimpsest, Trailrunner, Martinca, Pharaoh. les917 and so many others.

I screwed up and accidentally told my contractor to tile the back shower wall, directly across from the shower head. I had wanted to put the mirror across the whole wall, as per one of my inspiration pictures. Argh. So I had to change out the mirror as well as the sconces we had originally chosen (the Artemide Logico that Pal had suggested). Still, I'm pretty happy with our overall result.

The bathroom is tiny, only 80" x 88". I opted to forego any storage under the vanity top in order to open up the space. The only storage in the bathroom is the built-in niche cabinet above the toilet, but we have a very large linen closet directly across the hall from the bathroom door, only two steps away, so storage wasn't really necessary. The bathroom had an existing sky light, but we added a solar tube as well for the plants. Wow, it brings in far, far more light than the sky light, I'm really impressed with it. For a room with no windows, it is very, very bright.

Floor tiles: Cement Nickel by Antica

Wall tiles: Yakarta Blanco from Porcelanosa

Shower heads: Hansgrohe

Toilet: Toto (we reused the existing toilet)

Sink: Kohler

Faucet: Cifial

Vanity: live edge walnut

Sconces: Sonneman Teardrop

Shower Threshold: Caesarstone Raven

Wood floor in shower: Ipe decking (special shout out to cloudbase for all the advice on this, thanks!)

Picture above toilet: A photo taken by DH. This is a frame we had, it doesn't quite work (not rustic enough, nor big enough I think), so I'm still searching for the perfect frame. The medicine cabinet is behind this)

Here is one of my inspiration pictures:

Old bathroom:

New tiny master bath (it is tough to take pictures of such a small space, I think it looks better in person):

Comments (33)

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH