SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thegame_ulose

Indoor Potted Variegated Pink Eureka Lemon Leaf Drop

Steven
6 years ago

I got a pink eureka lemon tree in mail about a month ago now, and its starting to have some issues like leaf drop and weird brown spots on some leaves (I'll attach photos below). At first I figured it was water stress because the leaves were dropping and then the petioles would drop a day or two later, but now some of the leaves have brown dry spots so I'm not too sure. Since I received the tree, it grew 4 branches that are about 3 inches each and have 3-4 leaves on each that are a bit larger than the rest on the tree (from what I've learned that means it isn't getting enough light, so I moved it to a brighter location since). Shortly after these branches grew, two new branches began to grow and suddenly fell off before the leaves could fully form. I was told by the website I purchased it from that I could leave it in the pot, but I'm beginning to think maybe I should repot it? It's a 1.5-2' tree in an 8" pot. I also haven't figured out a good watering schedule, I water the plant till water drips out of the bottom, then I wait till the first few inches of the soil are dry and water again, but I'm concerned the roots at the bottom of the pot will rot because the soil at the bottom seems to always be wet.

Sorry for such a long post but can anyone give me advice as to what I should do?

here you can see the brown/dry spots
and here are some of the other leaves that have dropped (no brown/dry spots).
Leaf drop started about a week ago and I've lost about 15 leaves as of today

Thank you for your time!
~Steven

Comments (9)