SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
linzita512

Home building not for the faint of heart

linzita512
6 years ago

Looking for encouragement I guess, not critiques or I told you so.

We have spent almost a year now since first talking to our builder, planning and building our custom home, which I thought would be a fun process - yikes. I'm so over it! I'm overwhelmed with decisions that seemed to have been needed to made yesterday, trying to balance them with (out of town) builder meetings plus two small children and homeschooling, and a husband who doesn't understand how I can be so indecisive, I am overwhelmed. And now the home is to the trim/cabinetry phase and I'm having regrets on floor plan, our master bedroom placement - just a small detail, right? I found houzz too late to get input. And costs keep rising.

Not sure why I'm even posting, feeling sick with anxiety; hoping once we are in the home I won't be consumed with today's concerns: I think it will turn out pretty, I'm just sad some thoughts didn't come to me earlier and nothing I can do about it. Truly first world problems though, typing this out is helping me remember to keep important things in perspective.

So much I've learned and would do differently next time, not sure there will be a next time.

Comments (25)