SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rfinnegan_gw

Curb Appeal Help - Not for the Faint of Heart

rfinnegan
14 years ago

I recently moved into a house that is in desperate need of front yard landscaping.

The front yard faces West and is about 40' x 20'. There is a "planting bed" that runs the length of the yard and it's about 3 feet deep. You can see a couple of struggeling plants in the picture.

On the left side of the house is a mature tree (20 feet?)and some large succulants(?). I think I'd like to keep them.

I'd like to widen the driveway by about 2 feet using pavers and also use the pavers to make a small walkway to the front door. Almost like a 'y' configuration with the long portion of the y used as the extra width for the driveway, the short part of the y used as the walkway, and the void between those to parts used for planting.

Still, I'm open to any ideas -- it's really a blank canvas -- or dead canvas, depending on your perspective.

Most of all, I'd like it to have alot of color and texture.

As for me, I've driven around and looked at other yards I like, but I really struggle when it comes to replicating what I like. I spent a fortune on plants for my old house in Phoenix - planting, then removing because it never looked like I envisioned it.

Eventually I hired a designer - she wasn't much better than me and cost alot more!

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Here is a link that might be useful: Help Me Help My House

Comments (15)