SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
laura_larosa

Bouquet de fleurs trouble - help me figure out what is wrong please!

Ok, so I have mentioned this tree in passing on other threads but I really need to figure out what on earth could be wrong with it. It came very light like this from FW early this year - I don't remember exactly when, but early summer/late spring I think. It just does not get better and is slowly dropping leaves as they yellow further. Here is the thing: the trifoliate rootstock has tried to grow on at least three different occasions (as recently as a few days ago) and I have removed it. Those leaves look perfectly dark green. It seems like the roots are working just fine, but they are not transferring the nutrition to the upper part of the tree that is grafted. When you see it in comparison to my other trees, you notice a distinct difference. Here are pics:

On the right is my seville orange that I got from FW like two years ago. It is a lovely tree. Behind it is my nagami kumquat - also dark green.
The darkest leaves are those to the right by the seville (dark green leaves).
The whole tree closer up
Here it is in relation to the surrounding trees - all of which are healthy and green. Will this tree ever improve? It looks very weak. I have fertilized it like I do my others, have it in 5-1-1 with Oscomote, feed it Peters and FP, and even have misted it with a bit of FP. Nothing has worked and it is steadily declining. Any ideas?

Comments (42)