SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bethsparhawk__king

2 story living room leaves ENORMOUS AMOUNTS OF WALL SPACE **please he

I would erase my 2 story living room in a heart beat. ERASE THE WAY MY FURNITURE ONLY HAS ONE POSITION...ERASE THE NOW OBVIOUS DESIGN FLAWS AND WALL ODDITIES THAT IRK ME.

DEFLATED, NO DESIRE TO TRY

INSPIRE ME PLEASE

DESIGN DILEMMA

2 STORY LIVING ROOM:

It connects to A breakfast room & SHOWS through to kitchen (each of these are with ceilings.) The transition or entry Into BfastRoom leaves an ENORMOUS AMOUNT OF upper WALL SPACE to STARE AT from living room.

other side of room is a small hall to master and mud room / laundry / garage acces***This small path way has CEILING***UP ABOVE IS DEFINED AS A CAT WALK. OPEN FROM BANISTER HEIGHTH TO CEILING (ROOFLINE)

you can see down INTO LIVING ROOM from hallway (CATWALK) accessed by stairway in Foyer , that is also 2STORIED... upper hallway connects two bedrooms on opposite ends of hall and a full bath.

Again

LARGE AREA TO STARE AT AND PONDER

And Wish Upon

what can I do to break up the emptiness? To change the Feel? Other dilemmas: what won't be Hard to Get To? Will need dusted or èase to Clean?

The vast area Is painted A boring peanut butter Color...13+ years of peanut butter on these walls (Husband was in charge of THE NEW HOME AND WISHED FIRE MASCULINE... darker Brown Couch with White Trim & Moldings (including Fireplace mantle and a Custom built Wall for 50in Flat screen That i now wrath was designed a wee different. (This effected our Kitchen layout. The gross DIRTY beige carpet THEN meets the ENTRY HALL. FLOORING changes to AN INTERESTING 2 Color (ANOTHER BROWNISH SELECTION & A CREAM... that was OBVIOUSLY selected ***BY US*** to highlight the PEANUT BUTTER WALLS ) A PATTERNED FLOOR IS/WAS well LIKED BY MYSELF & ALL WHO ENTER *we are proud of our hard work * the other end is another WELL LIKEDand PLANNED TILE DESIGN.With carpet ending where Upper brown & blank & boring Wall then Owns up to Breakfast room and Small but Effective Kitchen. changing up Dominant TILE COLOR to the light CREAM COLORED TILE . HAND CUT & PERFECTLY PLACED Mosaic WHICH holds true to Our Ongoing Brown tile obsession, which begins a *RugLike* Border and centers THE BREAKFAST TABLE. SURROUNDING WINDOWS and again

More PEANUT butter WALLS AND fuels MY DAILY DESIRE TO FIND THINGS TO HANG ON THE WALLS OR WHAT paint COLOR WOULD BRING OUR middleclass, asses to Cherish and Enjoy and this 17yr old HOUSE ...YES... HOUSE OF OUR DREAMS...need help firing up our prIde and passion to keep renovating/ UPGRADING / Altering

..SPECIAL CHANGES NEEDED!!

What Shall I Do TO ALTER thE atmosphere and Showcase Our design dreams, posessions, collections and personal Effectsto this ODD but OPEN FLOORPLAN, UNINSPIRED DECOR, choosing to accept am INVITATION TO ALTER THE HELLACIOUS & HIDIOUS EMPTINESS as your eyes TRY TO measure AND accept the actual HEIGHTH of THOSE UPPER WALLS... remembering how HORRid the task of PAINTING so long ago... boring Brown HUEs are NOT what i want to be THE BACKGROUND OF anything new (ÁRTWork, SHELVING, etc) That i may FINALLYi choose as the EmptyWallFiller.

DESIGN DILEMMA

SO,

PLEASE... PLEASE THROW ME SOME SUPER IDEAS. DESIGNS DREAMT ABOUT. OPEN TO COLOR AND LOVE TO BE SURPRISED BY THE UNEXPECTED. EYE-CATCHING DESIGNS WITH SMALL PRICE TAGS.

I AM READY TO BE AMAZED AND AWESTRUCK

AND

INSPIRED

Comments (11)