SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
usagigreenpaw

Help with grow light choices.

usagigreenpaw
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello,

I posted this in another section that someone said in the comments isnt as active. I'm not sure if it will be seen.

I'm installing wooden shelves in my living room and I want to host as many of my favorite succulents as I can. I'm wondering what people recommend for a light that can sit very close to the succulents. The plan is to mount the lights to the underside of the above shelves.

I have mostly short ones, like echeveria, and it would be great if there was a light source that didnt need a foot of space above the plant.

I'm surprised I still dont know what to buy after so many hours of reading, but I did get the basics. 6500k and whatnot.

I have read people say to put T5 lights 3" from plants and up to 24". Why the discrepancy? I do have 3 grow lights and the LED has burned and stressed my succulents if closer than 8", as has the T5. I actually put the T5 about 10" away and my aloe aristata curled its leaves. =/ Slower acclamation needed?

Thanks for any help. I dont particularly care what kind of light it is. I moved and am eager to get my living room sorted.

Comments (18)