SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dreamojean

Need Help with LED Under-Cabinet Lighting Choices

dreamojean
10 years ago

I'm interested in suggestions for the best brand of LED under-cabinet lights for my 5.5 foot and 1 foot strips of cabinets. I've been eying WAC Lighting's strips (gorgeous but I don't know how functional) and the JUNO ones as well. And possibly Phillips. There's also Utilitech from Lowe's but I'm less familiar with that brand.

I've heard good things about WAC but the JUNO has a model with a dimmer on the actual hardware that can be turned up or down that seems appealing to me. If I get lighting that has the dimmer on the hardware, in theory that will save me having to pay my electrician to convert the on/off switch on the wall to a dimmer switch.

I can source WAC or Phillips from a reputable independent lighting store near me, JUNO from Home Depot and the Utilitech from Lowe's. I'm really down to WAC or JUNO unless there's a reason not to buy one of these. I think WAC is pricier, prettier, but doesn't have the on-strip dimmer.

Also, for my 66 inch span, I'm told that I could get 2 30" pieces and link them, and WAC has that but JUNO doesn't seem to have anything bigger than a 24" in stock at Home Depot.

I'd love feedback as to how people use their LED lights and which manufacturers you use, and whether you like them, as well as what size strips you used for a 5.5 foot or similar span. (my electrician charges $60 to install each strip, no matter the size, so that's a consideration)

Comments (6)