SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rhodes50

Does anyone have movable or adjustable dining room light fixture?

Virginia Nuta
6 years ago

I have a rectangular dining room with a large window at one end. There is an opening on a perpendicular wall right next to the window wall, to the foyer. Across the room on the other perpendicular wall there is a door to the kitchen, with just 3 feet between it and the window wall.

This means that there is a natural walkway between the foyer and the kitchen on the window end instead of going around the long way through the hallways to get to the back of the kitchen!

Because of this, I did not center my oval dining room table in the room and it fits fairly well in the area beyond where the doorways are, and the light fixture is then centered over the table but not centered in the room. I put a bench in front of the window and with that and a few baskets the dining room is now a dining room/landing area and suits us for every day life.

But I want to make the room a little more dramatic and elegant and also have more people to dinner! I started thinking about adding leaves to the table at least occasionally; I have two to add. But then what happens to the light fixture? It is convenient to our lifestyle to have the table, when smaller, set back. But not to have a centered light fixture would be very unsettling for me.

Is there a light fixture that could actually be angled or adjusted somehow so that I could center it as needed? Any advice?

Comment