SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
funkyartoo

Pants to a wedding

Funkyart
6 years ago

I am still on the fence with what to wear to an upcoming fall wedding. I have a dress that looks great but is (perhaps) too formal.. and I've ordered two more dresses. If they don't work, I am done with dresses. They're making me hate myself for being out of shape and I don't need that to work against me. I DO wear dresses but they're long billowy summer dresses. Anything more fitted just makes me look old, dumpy and out of shape. (Except the ONE.. which I may still wear).

So anyhow, I am contemplating a pants outfit. I believe I need a jacket.. and while I have many office suits, I believe a wedding outfit needs to NOT look like an office outfit. I am leaning towards black pants and I am thinking an ivory jacket with ivory shell is the way to go. What's your thought on pants to weddings?

I am thinking something like this wool jacket.. or maybe something with a portrait collar.

I bought this wrap vest thinking it might work and I suppose it would but I think the knit is too casual? I am keeping it either way. I really like it for the office.

Comments (23)