SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debrak_2008

Need dress for outdoor wedding.

debrak_2008
9 years ago

Another wedding to attend. End of May which in this area could mean 80 degrees or 40's. The reception will be in a tent in a backyard. The floor will just be the grass except for the dance area. There will be flushable port a pottys with hand sanitizer only. A handwashing station may be set up. They don't want people coming into the house. This is a farm with no paved driveway. The lawn is mowed but is not a flat manicured lawn. The food is being made by the family and served informally.

I do not mind attending an informal wedding but the bride and invitation do not saying anything about this being informal. She has used the word formal. She is not a formal type person which is confusing. The bride is marrying into our family and we are trying to politely ask questions to understand what to expect at the reception and determine what to wear.

Since the weather is a huge question mark I'm thinking of a maxi dress with flat sandals. I will need to have a jacket or shawl in the event of cold. I do not relish the idea of trying to use a port a potty in a dress.

I don't want to be negative but already thinking of twisting my ankle on the uneven ground. Having mud squeezing in my shoes if we have a rainy May. Etc.

Any ideas of what to wear or ideas on how to be prepared for this event? I wish I could wait until a few days before to buy my dress and shoes but that would be a big gamble.

Comments (33)