SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weirdcatlady

My favorite pants!!! Waaah!

MizLizzie
6 years ago

So, I took a bad fall in some muddy grass last night -- mostly mud. At my age, I am truly grateful I didn't break anything, and awoke with only a stiff spine. However, I was wearing my favorite white capris, went down on my right knee and skidded hard. I ground in mud and God only knows else deep into the fabric, all the way down my shin. I didn't see any grass stain, and at the time, I didn't see any blood. Just dark dirt. Came home, rinsed out the worst under the faucet, pre-treated with Fels Naptha, and threw them in the laundry with OxyClean and Bubble Bandit on hot. It didn't work too well, except to reveal streaks of a blood stain under the mud. (I did skin my knee a little, but I did not think it had bled, but the blood could've been anyone's, or something else altogether, as this was an outdoor concert venue, and you know how nasty all that trampled, muddy grass can be.)

I rewashed the pants with Tide for whites and two scoops of straight STPP. You can still see the stain and some streaks of red. I'm now soaking that leg in the laundry sink in hot water and a strong solution of OxyClean. Yes, I know I have probably set the bloodstain, but I honestly didn't know it was there. The pants are 65% cotton, 32% polyester, and 3% spandex. The fabric is lightweight but durable, and I have had them a long time. But I'm afraid to pull out the Clorox yet.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do to save them at this point? And what should I have done to begin with? I really hope they can be saved. Thanks!

Comments (18)