SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
missy_june

Reviews on Menards Klearvue Cabinets?

Missy Jostand
6 years ago

Looking to install a new kitchen on a tight budget. Anyone have any reviews on these new cabinets at menards the Klearvue? The guy said he has had a few contractors install and the reviews have been positive, but I was looking for more. Looking for contemporary modern, sleek white.

http://klearvuecabinetry.com

Thanks!

Comments (78)

• D Wagner
    5 years ago

Do not buy Klearvue cabinets, very cheap! They are made of pressed shelving board, with peal and strip contac paper. Already coming apart and easy to tear. Worst cabinets ever!!!

• HU-710500617
    5 years ago

Currently dealing with the nonsense of this cabinetry!

lets start by saying that we just spent over $7k on what was supposed to be a simple install on these cabinets.

So far, we’ve over half dozen broken cabinets due to poor transport and packaging, busted corners on nearly 75% of our order boxes upon boxes of everything just scattered because it is not as simple as they make it sound, there’s over 100 boxes of parts to all these cabinets and little to no directions whatsoever!

tempTed to just take everything back, we have made several trips back to menards to find missing pieces that we couldn’t find in out mess and exchange broken cabinets.

were 4 days in and not even a quarter of the way thru putting these big POS together.

only reason for not taking everything back is there’s a restocking fee!

We have countertops already on order and ready to come measure.

What was supposed to be a happy feeling to have a nice newly designed kitchen has become a nightmare and doubt I’ll even get to enjoy this thing.

the people at menards really don’t seem to care one bit about all of our issues and mos they can maybe offer is $100 gift cards!

Really?

over $7k in cabinets and more than half the cabinets boxes with busted corners that I’ll HAVE TO USE and that’s all you can do?

shuve those gifts cards where they can fit best, I’ve no need for them!

let me end by telling you we are construction contractors and have done several kitchens already.

never again will I deal with anything like these cabinets.

save yourselves the headaches and buy ready assembled cabinets!

or you can go thru what I’m going they right now!

• Related Discussions

Need source for unfinished cabinets

Q

Comments (11)
    I'm using Home Depot unfinished cabinets in a low budget laundry room redo. We just finished painting last night and they are getting hung tomorrow, so I will try to post pics next week when the counters go in. It was a little challenge getting the sizes to work, so if you don't need custom sizes, they can do the job. I also used these in my master bathroom- 2 separate 30 inch sink bases. They are standard kitchen depth, so a little deeper than most vanities, but they work for us! I painted them black and topped them with carrera marble remnants. I love the look and they have held up fine- 4 years now!
    ...See More

Any experience with Medallion or Schrock cabinets?

Q

Comments (23)
    Thanks a ton for the precautionary comments, James. I'm installing 12 new cabinets in a rental house and doing the installation myself. I'm trying to keep price under $2500. Got a quote for $2000 for Shrock oak / Delmont arch / chestnut finish and after spending 25 hours visiting 10 websites and Lowes and Home Depot and Menards and Hobo I was ready to go with Shrock from Menards as a best value for the money pick as they included 24% upgrade for all wood / plywood construction. Other choice was a ready to assemble set from instockcabinets.com for $2400 or similar cabinets from Lowes Diamond Prelude Halifax Oak Square for $2400. Since Schrock and Diamond and Thomasville are all made in Jasper Ind by parent company Mastercraft is there any difference between them? Should I scratch all three? After all of this time researching I need to get these cabinets ordered in a couple days so I can finish the kitchen remodel before I start teaching again in 6 weeks. If anyone has any helpful advice please call me asap at 847-502-0190 as I'll have to make a decision shortly and live with it for a decade or more. I'm using Allure vinyl flooring tiles from Home Depot and granite countertop from discount granite shop on Allanson rd in Mundelein. Any advice on the Allure tile product? Thanks!!!!!! brian
    ...See More

33" kohler white farmhouse sink reviews?

Q

Comments (22)
    I was able to see one at my local plumb supply shop. They have a showroom with many products in displays so people can get a feel for them. You also might find one at a kitchen and bath store with displays. Call your plumber to see if such a showroom exist in your area. The short apron allows for regular sized doors underneath. It is installed on a standard sink base cabinet and so is often used in a remodel / refresh in which the cabinets are not being changed. This is why I used the short apron style - I was able to use my old sink base. (Pics of my kitchen in my "my pics" idea book.) I have heard that a new laminate counter can be made to have an undermount sink. I have never seen it and haven't heard anything either positive or negative about how it works out. I do not think that an older laminate counter could be changed to handle an undermount - but I don't know for sure - maybe Joe will stop by with some advice on that. (http://www.houzz.com/pro/joseph-corlett/joseph-corlett-llc) There are some granites out now that are not much more than a laminate, so look into some other options. There are some decent quartz sold through Menards and Home Depot - LG and others. You might find that waiting a few months and saving a little extra will get you more of what you want - especially if you have a functioning kitchen. I was putting away $200-$300 away a month for my kitchen. I got my countertops on a 6mo same as cash deal and also on sale at Menard'sand with a rebate - paid for half and made payments for 6 mo without interest so was able to order and get started. I rarely do that, but knew the $ would be there. Wood is also often used with undermount sinks - probably takes some care, but another option. The only overmount farm sink that I know of is the Ikea which is fireclay.
    ...See More

New cabinet line at Menards -- Klearvue

Q

Comments (3)
    Missy, I know nothing more. I haven't seen anything else about them, not even in Menard's advertisements.
    ...See More
  • Tara Raman
    5 years ago

We have had our cabinets for over a year now. Still no problems. Didn’t have the installlation issues or the damage others have had. We had a cabinet front that we had messed up ourselves, and our store still replaced that for us with no concerns. Had one incident with our fridge leaking, water sitting on the floor and damaged the bottom of one of our panels - our store replaced that for no charge as well. We still love them - with our budget, they were the best option and we are very happy with them.

• ci_lantro
    5 years ago

If you open the box and a part is damaged, you take it back to Menard's. If the box is damaged, you don't leave Menard's until you have inspected it.

We shop at Menard's a lot. Closest store to our house and consistently lower prices than Lowe's or Home Depot. Never ever have I had any problems returning an item....leaving me wonder about the claim of 'having to use' cabinet boxes with broken corners. Even more so since HUxxxx claims to be a construction contractor who has done 'several kitchens' and likely a high volume Menard's shopper...

• Missy Jostand
    Original Author
    5 years ago
    Since install I have not had any problems! I love them. I had a contractor install and he said once he got the hang of it it was easy. He said he would love to put these in his house. He said they are great quality if you are okay with not 100% wood and I was for the price difference. They hold so much and I love the drawers!
  • HU-710500617
    5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

When you have enough boxes to fill about 3/4 of an enclosed trailer measuring 8feet by 20 feet hundreds of boxes with the associates going they them it’s hard to keep track of what boxes are what and what’s damaged and what’s not especially when they are on skids and you can’t see every box.

reason we ended up using some bruised/damaged boxes is because we already have quartz countertops being measured, some of the damage will be there although not visible we still paid full price.

pls take my apologies for not being as disciplined as yourself.

the kitchens we have done have been our own and family members, we don’t do them for a living.

I have no need to explain myself to you, just giving feedback so other know what they are getting themselves into.

Just now after days of assembling cabinets installing the fridge, the cabinet above the fridge will not be able to open since the fridge will be in the way.

the cabinet itself is not an exact 36” and my fridge is brand new, I now have to remove the cabinet, take it back and see what solution we can find.

this was one of the cabinets that was damaged too.

this has been the worse experience

• Jane Smith
    5 years ago

One difference between ikea and menard’s is the weight limit on drawers. Ikeas hardware is made by Blum. I cant track down who makes Menards.

I will say my brother has hAd his Ikea Adel (prior line) installed for 12 years in a rental. No issues.

My ikea are now on year three. No issues other than 1 door started to delaminate (might have been that way upon arrival). I called ikea, 3 years after install. They sent me a new door within a week. I do like that I can also order hardware conponents from Blum too.

I was looking at the Klearvue line as I want to add laundry and bath cabinets. Given both Ikea and Menards are 2 hours from me, and its cheaper to have Ikea delivered to me, Im leaning that direction.

• priceor63
    5 years ago
    We just purchased Menards cabinets and have installed them. Countertops will be installed in a couple weeks. I’m concerned because it looks like the tops will be right on top of the drawers. Has anyone had any issues there? Did/do the installers do anything to leave space between the drawers and tops?
  • Jane Smith
    5 years ago

I have ikea. With eased edge granite. Since my edge is flush with the counter thickness, no issue at all.

But if you need additional clearance due to counter style (rolled edge comes to mind), have installer add a piece of wood to shim up the counter. I had to do that with a bath vanity.

• priceor63
    5 years ago
    Thanks Jane!
  • Greg Gola
    5 years ago

Looked at Menard's Klearvue cabinets and liked them a lot. Thought they'd be an easy purchase and install. We ordered a total of 8 cabinets including three 40 inch tall wall cabinets, a 36" sink base cabinet, an 18" recycling center, 12" wide base cabinet and 90" tall corner cabinet. Cabinets arrived this morning and 4 of 8 were damaged as were several shelf packs and there were missing parts. The cabinets were not cheap, almost $3K for particle board cabinets mostly made in China and India and a few components made in USA. Very disappointed. Called Menard's cabinet department manager. No apology of any sort. He says he'll send replacements tomorrow. I say no thanks and he says it will cost me another $70 to have all the cabinets picked up tomorrow. Fine with me. Can you imagine profit margin on particle board cabinets mostly made in China and India.

• Greg Gola
    5 years ago

Followup from my last post. Menard's was supposed to pick up cabinets on Friday morning. No show, no call. I call Menard's and am told they can't pick up Friday,"too busy", even though I had a "scheduled" appointment for pick. My buddy and I rebox all cabinets and inventory everything to assure we have it all for return. We take everything back to Menard's for return/refund. The girl assigned to handle this has to do the return manually, no portable scanner to scan bar codes like they have at Home Depot. Over 2 hours later after helping reconcile all returned items, the refund is finally completed. What a nightmare. Again no apology for damaged cabinets or taking over 2 hours to complete a return that should have taken maybe 30 minutes max if they used a portable scanner/barcode reader. Don't know if anyone else has had this sort of experience with Menard's but be very careful if you do decide to buy any cabinets from them and inspect them immediately upon arrival. We will never use Menards again for anything.

• Meghan
    5 years ago

Klearvue review and tips

We purchased 18 cabinets for our kitchen and island. Design was simple and worked perfectly with our floor plan. They look great and to us, price was right, easy to assemble and quite solid (much heaver than we thought). We found one guy at our Menards and if he is not in, we go back another time because he is very knowledgeable on ordering these. We did the Stoma Gray so well over ½ our order was “special order” and we opted to just have all our order shipped to store. All came in a week or less. Pick-up was easy and associates were helpful in whatever aspect we needed. Of the 18 cabinets and hardware we had 2 damaged items 1- sink base was smashed on one half 2- filler panel that runs down the refrigerator had a chipped corner. The sink base we didn’t even take out of the box and the exchange was simple and took only a few minutes total. The filler we will be cutting down so no need for return. We unboxed all cabinets and laid them out (so my husband) could make sure I didn’t screw the entire kitchen up (which I didn’t). During this time we noticed that our sink wasn’t in line with a beam and my husband insisted it all be moved down 2 inches. After running 100 scenarios past each other we decided that we needed to swap a 15” to a 12”. We took the 15” back to the store to see what they could do (being that most of the cabinet was “special order”) they guy from the kitchen section came up and said if its only one it was no problem. Swapped it out, took the new 12” box home and ordered the matching door. Husband and friend hung all boxes when I was assembling door’s and drawers and we finished about the same time. They look great and we love them but if you read below you will know what I wish I knew when ordering.

Tips-

1. You NEED to order the toe kick, top and bottom moulding. We opted out of the moulding for uppers and now have to take them all down to install because they hit our super flush can lights and the bottoms are white/tan and it can all be seen when looking straight on.

2. You will NEED to cut/resize the toe kick, mouldings and likely the fillers, if this happens to be the filler that is as big a the fridge its a bit difficult in -30 dead of winter condo construction zone. (you will also need to cut in plumbing for sink)

3. Make a spreadsheet of all ordered pieces (i.e. 478-???) list the # and brief description and how many you get (if you want to get fancy you can # all the cabinets to your liking and list the cabinet # next to the part). DO NOT let them put the pallets on your trailer!!! We had 2 people, but 3 would have been perfect. As my husband loaded boxes, he called off the # and I check it off the list. After a few boxes the Menards guys joined right in, but I recheck all of theirs ;-P. When we left, we KNEW we had everything and that all boxes looked acceptable. Loading the trailer took us a little over 30 min in the freezing cold.

4. When you get all the boxes home, set all cabinet boxes aside. Go back to your spread sheet and make piles for each cabinet and place all parts from spreadsheet into corresponding pile. Now you can’t say you don’t have the room for this because I did this all in a 1200 sf condo during a massive remodel. Work at putting the door/drawers to cabinet 1 together and put post-its saying #1 set all remaining hardware to be attached to the box in or on that door/drawer and move on to cabinet 2.

5. Mark all cabinet where hardware attaches prior to install. The directions said most will be 4 from top and bottom...... all our cabinets will doors only were 2nd from top and bottom so we had to move some connectors. All the bottoms worked great. If you took my advise and numbered and separated all cabinets and hardware I also stapled and labels all instruction for the cabinet and marked on the front page where hardware attached then penciled it onto the cabinet.

6. Sit back with a stiff whisky old fashion sweet and admire all your hard work and forget all the work that still needs to be done, while your husband halls all the cardboard to the trash. .

• HU-418487627
    4 years ago

So far not a fan of klearvue and am disappointed with Menards. We didn't have all our order, cabinets, doors and several items were missing and almost half the cabinets were damaged. Since Menards located 100 miles/2hrs away this was very time consuming and inconveinent. Instructions were impossible to understand and had to depend on you-tube since no one at Menards was able to advise or help instruct. Come to find out the cabinets are indeed plastic covered particle board. Bad experience with Klearvue, wouldn't recommend. Always pleased with Menards in the past but this has been horrible from the beginning; subpar service, damaged goods (multiple times) items missing from the order, poor instructions with no help at all from Menards when asked for help (they didn't understand instructions either)

• Julie Agnes
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

I have ikea grimslov as built-ins in my living room as well as in my laundry room and craft . I LOVE them! No damage to any packages, easy to assembly line put together. We are a kitchen remodel ikea. I at the klearvue in the Menards store same quality. Stick ikea... you will easier.

Also, my sister built a new home 3 years ago... again, ikea in the kitchen, 4 bathrooms, a laundry room, a garage and a mudroom... still look brand new today.

• cmhocevar
    4 years ago

For anyone who went to Menards did you use their installers they recommend or did you do it yourself or have someone else do them?

• Meghan
    4 years ago

No. If you are DIYing a kitchen Reno you are more than capable of hanging the cabinet. this wasn’t even an option when we ordered.

• HU-560974749
    4 years ago

I have 2 kitchens in my home. One is all IKEA and one is all menards klearvue. I have negative and positive for both. IKEA first. Finished product we love it but not without challenges. 1 hour drive to Schaumburg. No problem. I designed my own layout then had to do small modifications. No problem. I needed a 12 inch over my fridge. Sorry no such size so I bought a 15 x 30 and cut the doors and cabinet in 5 minutes on a table saw and bought the drill bit and jig from menards for the 2 holes I cut off on the doors on top side. Glued and air nailed cabinet together on top. NICE JOB ACTUALLY and very easy. I was even surprised. IKEA sold me $ 1200 of extra stuff i didnt need or wanted. I just returned with zero issues. Great store. I love em. I did however needed to go back for the 10 000 hole orange plastic jig for the handles. Menards sells several different jigs and none would work with the large handles. I didnt use the legs from IKEA. I built my own base for almost nothing. WE LOVE OUR KITCHEN IN THE BASEMENT which was primary while I remodeled extensively the upper kitchen. Less than $2500 bucks.

Now I ordered my klearvue cabinets from menards. What a task. Antique outdated computers but it happened after 3 visits.

They tried to get me to take any I stock items which I found out that they keep alot on hand the hard way after i had to return a damaged drawer and they showed me a whole 2nd floor of goodies. I was also shorted a set of hinges. Although they dont keep any of my door panels in stock. All special order for a special price. I learned a few things from IKEA EXPERIENCE that before i paid for for menards non return policy i read every detail. ( against my wifes wishes) i found out that were charging me $400 dollars for color tape that i didnt want and would have been stuck with.

NOW I made 3 trips in my big truck which no one could keep track of in security or me for that matter because it was all on skids loaded on my truck. 8 feet high. Really 8 feet high. I have photos to prove it.

I decided to assemble as much as I could the first day and PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS. I have 10 door panels 18 x 40 that have 1 hinge hole not drilled deep enough to install the hinges as designed to do causing fit issues. I have not yet contacted them yet as of this message. These are not stock items. I have not yet installed any cabinets yet. I just want to see what I have and what I'm going to gave to deal very soon. I will for sure add to this review before its it's over. I have never written a review in my life till now but after reading everyone's comments I felt obligated to say something since I have experienced both stores. I have done many kitchens in my life but only these 2 have been an EXPERIENCE that needs to be talked about.

More to come. I have also done finished and unfinished cabinets. That's a different story not for this page.

• Shannon Ninneman
    3 years ago

I bought the klearvue Brand because I really liked the look of them when I got them home a lot of them where Damage and One cabnit door was under half off them not even in The box I Brong them back and they were very rude to me and said that they would go get the missing parts and they gave me the wrong parts again it is a pain in the butt to put them up as there was no Instructions as we we’re going through them again and putting them together we found that there were still parts missing and we also got someone else’s parts with their name on them None of the sku numbers added up and to wipe them up are a pain in the but and to adjust the cabnits to fit is a task in its own my husband is a very smart man and have no problems with building things I even did the reconstruction on the computer with them and nothing fit as the picture thank god they do actually send a print form to go over the cabnits because none of them fit I’m very disappointed in menards when I went back the last time the lady said that it wasn’t there fault that none of the shelf’s where the right size we’ll next time I know to never buy anything from them unless I check everything twice because none of them know a dam thing about them I’m Seriously thinking about taking them all Down and taking them all back and telling them to shove it but I’m not that rude of a person my husband told me to pick what I wanted he now says he wished he would have been to to pick out horrible workers and product I would recommend going with some other kind of cabnits good luck everyone

• Chuck Fiebelkorn
    3 years ago

purchased Klearvue cabinets upper and lower and easy to install. fine the adjustability on the lower cabinets a plus and easy of movability to install countertop.

• Tony Bruns
    3 years ago

DO NOT buy this brand. Way to many issues. you have to pay for features that come standard with other cabinets. If you want the same color as as the drawer you have to add side panels, that adds a half inch to every cabinet. standard Formica countertops need a filler underneath so the doors and drawers work correctly. Sink cabinets are way to flimsy for a heavy duty cast iron sink. I had to beef this cabinet up.

The backing on the cabinets comes apart. The staples are not long enough, and these pieces are glued in. I need to reattached ALL of the backings to the back of the cabinets. This is where the mounting screws go so it needs to be secure.

You have to attach a banding to the front of every shelf and base part of the cabinet to match the color you buy. It comes in the form of a tape and the rolls are expensive. It is very tedious.

Not even for a rental house, way to labor intensive, and they will not hold up. These are made in Vietnam, and the quality is not very good at all.

10 out of 12 door and panel boxes were missing screws.

Forget about getting help from the store. Menard's people are friendly but they do not have first hand knowledge about installation.

• David Newsome
    3 years ago

I just ordered the Klearvue cabinets from Menards. The manufacturer is terrible. I had to return a broken cabinet, the cabinet boxes arrived within a week, but I have to wait a month to get the other parts! DO NOT ORDER THESE CABINETS ITLL BE A NIGHTMARE!

• rowelau
    3 years ago

I have done two sets of Klearvue cabinetry within 2 years and BOTH times they were awesome! The quality of the product is well worth the money and time. All arrived at the store in a very timely manner.

• Matt Sonnentag
    3 years ago

These are junk, menards will make it right, but next time I am going Ikea, way more durable product. I am on my 2nd special order of doors because of the dings in them.

• Julie Kelly
    3 years ago

I ordered my cabinets on February 27th and from start to finish I have had nothing but problems. Literally everything that could have gone wrong did. When I went to the store to purchase my cabinets, they could not find the latest design that was worked on with the designer because it wasn’t saved. At that time, I had to basically try to recreate what I had been working on for months. I ordered the cabinets and appliances and was told it would take two weeks. I received notification that all my items were at the warehouse and scheduled a delivery date. The day that my items were to be delivered, the store contacted me to inform me that in fact some of the special items were not received and had to eb reordered which would take another two weeks to received.

When the driver delivered my items, I was shocked. There was no organization to the delivery and all the items were basically thrown in my garage. At least a quarter of the cabinets were damaged, defective, or missing. It took me an entire day just to go through all the items that was on the design list.

As we started to assemble what was received, we had problem after problem. Literally every time we tried to accomplish something we were not able to because of defective, damaged, or missing pieces. I contacted the general manager and manager of the cabinet area and they tried to accommodate me by looking at other stores for items missing or damaged.

When we finally were able to get some overhead cabinets put in and tried to insert the glass shelves, they would not fit because the box was defective. When I contacted the store and asked if they would have some new glass cut, they indicated that they were not able to accommodate me, and the only solution was to order a new cabinet. This is absolutely absurd. Who has time to keep install and uninstall cabinets?

After over a month of ongoing issues, I contacted the store again because I was missing the hinges to the pantry. When I contacted the store the new manager of the cabinetry area told me I could call another store to see if they had them because she was working with a customer. At this point I became irate. After spending 15,000 in this store this is how I am treated. In a not so nice way, I told her that I was the customer that was the priority as I have already paid for my products and have had nothing but issues from day one with this store and with these cabinets.

The quality of these cabinets is very poor. I have cabinets that are already chipping, and the paint is fading and they have been up less than a month.

Who oversees inventory? Who oversees quality control? Who oversees customer service? I have never in my life had such a horrible experience. It was so terrible that I am going to contact an attorney and the Better Business Bureau and will never use these cabinets or shop at Medard’s again.

• Meghan
    3 years ago

I just wanted to give a quick update and say that 2 years after install we are still very happy with our cabinets and they look just as great as the day we put them in. We plan to order these cabinets again in a few years when we build our home.

• dawnalbr98
    2 years ago

I’m in the middle of an install and have had a great experience with Menards and the cabinets. Yes, 4 boxes were broken but they were quickly replaced. Easy to follow instructions except for the microwave cabinet. That took some trial and error.

Now to figure out how the counter tops are going to fit...

• Dave Smolarek
    2 years ago

I just installed my Stoten white Klearvue kitchen and it went fairly well, not nearly the nightmare described here. My whole order was complete when i picked it up. The only damage was on 2 toe kicks that were cracked from the way it was packaged on the pallet.

The only frustrations were trying to build the tall oven cabinet because there were no insteuctions on the exact configuration I ordered. The other relatively minor issue was with having to move cabinet connector screws since I missed the part about them ideally going in the 4th hole.

These cabinets are not high end, but for the price they are pretty decent. I was going to go with IKEA but there have been issues with supply and i didnt want this project to take 6 months longer than it needed to.

• PRO
    Never Dull
    2 years ago

Our Klearvue cabinets are two years old now. We continue to be very happy with them. 1 cabinet has a tiny chip in the finish because I dropped a knife while chopping too vigorously.

My daughter just remodeled her kitchen and chose Klearvue. Her experience was also very positive.

Standout points: boxes come assembled and are very solid. If you can get a 36 inch deep drawer base. Two deep drawers. Add an inner drawer to the top. Silverware and flat utensils in interior drawer. Bulkier utensils in the upper deep drawer. Finally, no more rifling around hunting for a utensil.

I would agree that the desgn software and ordering needs work. I thought was also a pain.

• Mark Zwayer
    2 years ago
    last modified: 2 years ago

We have installed Klearvue cabinets twice…once in our condo and in our daughter’s home.

These cabinets have great features and are budget friendly. They come in alot of boxes with a lot of assembley, but if you are somewhat construction savy, you will not have too many issues getting a very nice looking kitchen on the cheap. Just time consuming getting end panels, crown, and moldings cut and all the fabulous sliding drawers put together. I am definitely planning to install them again. After two years of use, they still look new.

• LADONNA FOX
    2 years ago

Has anyone had issues with their white cabinets discoloring? Mainly the ones above and to the sides of the stove. I am also not impressed with how easy it is to see grease marks. You would think by the looks of our cabinets that we fry food every night. We never fry anything and the marks will not come off.

• C Dog
    2 years ago

My mom JJuJusJustJust spentJust spent sevenJust spent 7000 and half the order was damaged.

not to mention 6 missing pieces.

Took them back to exchange and they made us feel like we were in the wrong.

They make you feel like their doing you a favor to fix their mess up.

Dont ever ask for a discount, thats like a trigger word for them. ive never experienced someone be so unprofessional, like i offended him.

we are packing

them

back up and bringing them back

• C Dog
    2 years ago

My mom JJuJusJustJust spentJust spent sevenJust spent 7000 and half the order was damaged.

not to mention 6 missing pieces.

Took them back to exchange and they made us feel like we were in the wrong.

They make you feel like their doing you a favor to fix their mess up.

Dont ever ask for a discount, thats like a trigger word for them. ive never experienced someone be so unprofessional, like i offended him.

we are packing

them

back up and bringing them back

• optionsgiant
    2 years ago

I am finishing up an install of over $10,000 worth of Stromma White cabinets and I think they are pretty decent cabinets. The install has been fine and the doors are actually pretty good quality--I think the finish is painted on or dipped because I had a couple chips which I replaced before installing. Honestly I have been in many kitchens with other brands and it's really hard to tell a big difference, they have a nice finished, clean look to them - at least the Stromma, that's all I know. Everyone is always saying MDF and particle board is bad, but I think if you don't beat the heck out of them and maybe add a few reinforcements they will last for years. I did all the install myself with the kids helping me here and there holding some of the 40in wall cabinets while I screwed them in. Some of the pros: The cabinets are very spacious which is one of the reasons I bought them, you can get a ton in these cabinets! I was impressed with the hardware and the pull out drawers and hinges, and the cabinet screws. You have to build the drawer slides but once you do one - you're rolling. I also bought a few of the glass doors and shelves and they are a really nice addition. I had a few cabinet boxes that were damaged and I was able to replace them with Menards no problem, no hassle. I had very few damaged boxes given I had 2 full truckloads delivered. I like how you can adjust the feet to the right height, and you can adjust the doors in and out, up and down too. I also like that down the road you can easily change your cabinet faces with another color or style, or swap one out at your local Menard's anytime. I actually thought of stocking up on a full set of new faces in the event they discontinue Klearvue, but we will see. I would recommend getting the added silverware/utensil organizers, they are great. Some of the cons: I did install a farmhouse sink and I had to do some modifications to the sink base but that was expected., a little challenging but I got it. I also installed a short low profile microwave over the stove which was hard but turned out awesome - and that thing has 550 cfm! I also reinforced a few of the cabinet boxes with some additional nails, glue and screws - but that is just me, they probably would have been fine without them. I put a layer of plywood on top of all the cabinets before installing granite for a little more reinforcement and clearance for the top of drawers. The longest 36" upper cabinet shelve will sag a bit with anything heavy due to the length. I built a reinforcement so I don't have a problem anymore. A note regarding weight -- just make sure your floor is strong enough to handle the weight of all your cabinets, particularly if you have tile floor. Check your deflection if you have a long span on your joists - if you do you should install support below the floor--these cabinets are heavier than traditional cabinets, and more heavier adding granite or quartz on top. Also a final note-- when I put the cabinet hardware on I bought a jig off amazon which made it go very easy. I'll post some pictures when I get completely done.

• Ron S
    2 years ago

ABSOABSOLUTE GARBAGE! Just spent $6,500 on Stromma cabinets. salesperson lied about ”real solid wood door and drawer fronts.” He also left out restocking fee.

About 25 of the nearly 100 items were damaged on delivery. We were told you just bring it back in and you can swap it out for another. most had damaged boxes and the LEGS were

broken off of many boxes.

They fight you on everything. They make you buy new cabinets and then only give you store credit on the broken ones minus 25% restocking fee.

The tecnical writing is pathetic. This scam is DESIGNED to keep you coming back.

They did this to us and we have over 100 receipts this year

• Jonathan Lee
    2 years ago

Sorry to hear about your experience. I knew the Stromma's were not real solid wood, though I can see how you might think they are. Too bad the salesperson said they were. Fortunately I have not had any issue with the door fronts. Sounds like there is some issues with delivery and storage at your local Menards. I'm always concerned when things are delivered by a 3rd party and their handling. I had no problems returning any items over a year old and getting a store credit. I never was charged a restocking fee either. I was just glad Menards took back and gave me a store credit on items I purchased a year ago. I'm not sure if it is a masterful scam or just bad customer service and stock handling.

• HU-53193646
    last year

We loved the ones we installed 8 months ago! we bought a different brand for another room, foolishly thinking they would be similar. No No! Kleavue was SUBSTANTIALLY better! We are in the process if doing our kitchen and we are using Klearvue. Yes there is more assembly to the Kleavue. But that leads to saving money. And the quality is hands down better. The cabinets in my front room are filled and get tons of use. They still look brand new and we have 4 boys in the house.

Just pick Klearvue and you will be so satisfied with the results!

• HU-53193646
    last year

We worked with several people at Menards and everyone was very helpful and knowledgable. When loading we saw a box had some damage, no problem getting a new one. I agree thay it is hard to keep track of the boxes as they are loaded. The employees brought the pallet to the back of the trailer and we loaded every box into the trailer so we could check it before we loaded it. They would have put it in the trailer for us, but I thought it was important we do our due dilligence to save everyone possible headaches later on.

It is a lot more assembly than some other products, but I liked the versatility and the options to change things out later if I want without needing to buy a new unit.

Highly recommend!

• wiscokid
    last year

Have you worked at Menards long?

• HU-199255037
    last year

I am putting together three Klearvue tall cabinets in our garage. I am very disappointed with the product and the quality of the materials. The particleboard is cheap and tears easily. Couple of the pieces we got we're broken. The hardware to put it together is also cheap. Cam locks are crap. Nails provided for the backing do not penetrate deep enough to work. We also got the wrong Camlock pins in 2 of the packages for the cabinets. Menards support of it has been somewhat disappointing as well. When I went to pick up the pieces only half of the order was ready. The other half should have been all put together in one place so when I picked it up I wouldn't have to wait an hour for them to get the other pieces.

When we purchased it they said it would be easy to put together like something you would buy at IKEA. The problem is I think IKEA has better quality hardware as well as better quality particleboard. Overall I find myself saying over and over again while putting this together "Why did I buy this total piece of shit?"

• HU-199255037
    last year

After putting together three tall cabinets, at a cost of about $400 each, we have come to the conclusion that these are total crap and are going to return them to Menards for a refund.

• HU-927204758
    last year

what is the charge fee to get these install? I have some klearvue closets and Im working on getting some quotes?

• Mike T.
    last year

Here is a thorough review from someone with considerable experience designing, installing and using cabinetry and their first use of ready-to-assemble cabinetry. While I've constructed frameless cabinetry in the past I have never purchased it either flat packed or, as with Klearvue with base and wall (not tall) boxes preassembled. This was a whole-house for-resale renovation of a 1,300 sf modest early 60s ranch in a newly opened 15' x 30' combined kitchen/family area.
    Thirteen feet of base/wall in three runs with no blind corners, 18" tall pantry, 36" over fridge with lift-up door. 20 drawers (11 of them interior) plus numerous drawer dividers and other organizational accessories.
    Given the inherent limitations of “wood” of the 100% manufactured variety I was favorably impressed and will use it again provided I can find a suitable style for the space as happened here. It installed and adjusted extremely well using their instructions and materials and to perfection with only simple variations to the fill panel and light valance hardware and installations under conditions I consider average which means every base cabinet required a bit of leveling and walls were not even and/or square to the floor in all cases requiring a few shims. With reasonable care the installation seems fully suitable for long service. I found excellent value using slab doors with lots of drawers, internal pullouts and custom organizational items for convenient access. The content capacity of wide, deep drawers is too low in my opinion and nearly all drawers need additional reinforcement for the bottom-front to include one or more clips that Klearvue supplies with only some drawer kits. Be certain to order the sink base mat. It fits perfectly, looks great and easy to clean, is anti-skid, contains little spills and seems highly durable.
    The design program worked reasonably but wildly overestimated edge banding tape. It overestimated toe kicks and “light valances” underneath wall cabinets as well. As these things can be quite expensive and restocking fees can apply you may want to make your own estimates. I would not use the full-length base cabinet trim panels as illustrated and displayed in stores without the notch cut for the kick space. Aesthetics aside this creates a very difficult to clean and fragile detail. Either continue the kick space around the corner at the end of runs or cut the notch taking the measure of your choice to deal with the exposed rough edges. This is one reason I still prefer black or nearly so kick space finish for all cabinets and I wish the program would have allowed me to choose mocha finish for the kicks.
    I had no problem ordering in the cabinet department at the store but the checker up front missed one page with two special-order items and the problem was only discovered at pickup. The remainder of the order arrived 100% complete and early.
    Damage upon first and quite careful examination seemed limited to one tall cabinet wall which due to its generic nature was in stock at the store. Upon assembly however one end cover panel had an edge gouge, two front panels had corner crunches and a drawer side was smashed. Two drawer and one door front had small corner nicks. I let the ones on the drawer fronts slide as they were tiny and the hardware used gave it some protection and shielding from the eye but the one on the door was certain to grow significantly once it gave way. Only the drawer kit was in stock and the other flaws were discovered on different days requiring different reorders. Unless the project is quite small and simple unwrapping and unpacking everything at once to check for damage is not practical so you can expect to find damage over time. This can become frustrating.
    All of the instructions were clear and easy to follow including the illustration-only type where used. The kickspace cover retainer clip illustrations took a little study but are simple to use and effective once you understand. I found the suggested inner drawer layouts for tall cabinets lacking with those provided completely unsuited to an array of common pantry items.
    Assembly takes quite some time. All things considered and after you're familiar with the process you can expect a drawer unit to take at least 30 minutes and that's with quickly placed knobs/handles. Plan for much of a day to complete a pantry full of pullouts. Had I used preassembled cabinetry I would likely have called the job done by lunch on the second day using the same countertops, hardware and low voltage wire snaking into the attic for the undercounter lights; this job took all of four days. In all fairness however this installation produced superior and better fitting results than typically seen with ready-made cabinetry and rivals my custom work with consistent approximately 3/32” gaps within and among connected boxes. Slab doors are arguably the least forgiving when it comes to panel gaps, in-out alignment and other adjustments. Most novices and far too many others rack cabinet boxes (especially base cabinets) out of true against walls that are not flat and/or square to the floor. This causes havoc for slab door alignment but is disguised somewhat by the flex in typical face frame base cabinet boxes and hiding ability of overlay panels. Klearvue boxes including base boxes do not flex—something WILL give and open up and you must fasten them very slowly and deliberately to the wall shimming when necessary.
    The edge banding is of superb quality, and, provided it is cut properly to length, nearly foolproof to apply in a professional manner. This is rare for edge banding and certainly justifies its price. I figured my own needs ordered accordingly (two less than the program estimated) and still had more than enough to cover things I did not even figure in the estimate.
    The cabinet boxes were perfectly square, very rigid and flawless as received. The joints are well fastened but will open up without damage and allow you to close again as I discovered. This is probably by design as a small amount of it is benign whereas in my custom frameless boxes where I use biscuits, glue + screws or similar something will certainly be destroyed if the box is accidentally and quite easily pulled against a significantly uneven/out-of-plumb wall by a power screwdriver using a TORX bit ;) The rows of boxes line up perfectly and fasten together very securely throughout their depth by bolts linking the panels—remember that. As the instructions tell you, “Floors aren't always flat.” Well, walls aren't always straight, square and true to the floor either. All visible surfaces are covered in the common vinyl overlay that is very easily scuffed by the rubber grip at the end of your cordless when drilling inside the box—something I'm still known to do on occasion... The construction was more robust and rigid than many traditional style cabinet boxes—even some partly of plywood—that rely greatly on their face frames and plastic corner brackets for support and rigidity. The “DO NOT LIFT HERE” label affixed to the most obvious and convenient place to lift base cabinets immediately lets you know the limitations of the materials and joinery however. “Trying it” to see if the warning is really necessary reveals the answer to be, “Absolutely.” 3/4" particleboard of the “good” variety makes up the bulk with some 1/2” used. The relatively large and uniform particles that predominate are a sign of this as they serve to both reduce weight and increase fastener holding power by deforming around threads more like actual wood. Of course it will never hold fasteners like or have the durability of solid wood or plywood. The corner of an 18” wall cabinet separated suddenly while properly affixed to the wall and pantry as I was tapping in a connector bolt along the front edge gently with a hammer. I was rather surprised but it probably had something to do with stress from the slightest misalignment against the back wall as the next 36” cabinet connected to it required significant shimming at one corner. It went back together without problem. The cabinet legs were sturdy but there is significant lateral play once you unscrew them in the least—as you must—to adjust the height. This makes the the legs skip wildly enough to shear off the box if you attempt to slide the cabinet across a plywood or other rougher floor and also makes it extremely difficult to put tall cabinets into exact final position. Making your own gauge to initially set the leg height is far faster and more accurate than measuring each one. As you cannot lift the cabinets from the top and “floating” wall boxes with two attached finish panels are quite heavy, two or even three able people are required at times during setup. Never use an electric screwdriver to install the drawer and door hardware in the boxes and on the drawer fronts! These types of screws (and similar confirmats) are very easy to over-tighten which drastically reduces the connection strength and ruins the panel. Be very cautious whenever using an electric driver!
    Tall cabinets arrive completely disassembled because it would be impossible to deliver them assembled and intact. Like any tall and heavy thing subject to sudden catastrophic stress failure during assembly and movement you must be extra cautious. You need to buy 4mm x 35-40mm truss head machine screws to attach the cabinet boxes together using their hardware when there is a finish panel in between as happens with tall cabinets being extra-careful to drill and keep the hole straight and clean. Using their hardware and pre-drilled hole locations easily achieves perfect alignment. My trim panels cut ordinarily (perfectly) using a sharp circular saw blade, painter's tape and clamped on straight edge used a saw guide.
    Interior space is very well utilized providing significantly more usable space in any configuration than any ready-made face frame cabinetry I have seen. There is one exception. Inner drawers used as a shelf at the bottom of a cabinet interfere with the door hinge and you must raise the drawer supports considerably. This is not clear in their illustrations where it appears they are at or very near the bottom of the cabinet like any other drawer where the hardware nearly rests on the bottom. You do not have to put them quite as low as suggested in the one reasonably applicable illustration in the instructions but there is still about 4" below the drawer. I guess it can be used for baking sheets or platters but it's far from ideal especially when things get pushed to the back. Pullout shelves always involve a trade-off of space lost vs. gain of easy access but this may prove beyond your limit of acceptable loss. I was very close to returning two drawer units for this reason as I'm easily able to keep the vertical loss under an inch with no problematic or unsightly gap in the cabinets I make and the nice ones I've seen.
    The Varsta panel finish quality was good. The textured melamine used on the outside face was quite thick as such things go and that used on the edges and inner surfaces looked a bit thicker than what I've seen on RTA furniture but we're talking thousandths so even a keen eye can't be positive. It had no problem with very heavy rubbing with microfiber as that along with nearly a full bottle of “Goof Off” were required to remove the ridiculously tenacious and difficult to dissolve adhesive from the labels affixed to panels.
    The drawers originally impressed me and were a good part of the reason I selected Klearvue. While I still like the drawers I have some reservations--particularly for the wider ones. Metal siderail assemblies firmly hold and support 3/4" thick particle board bottoms along their length. While they merely "pop" into place fronts and backs are securely and firmly held at their ends. The placement of that heavy bottom directly between the drawer support arms along with very rigid sidewalls results in a sturdy feeling, smoothly operating drawer that stays that way regardless of width, depth or load. But those massive particle board bottoms have limited support at the rear as received and no or even more limited support for the front. The bottom mass also takes a significant toll on capacity as a 36" drawer kit weighs in at 21-24 pounds before you add the front which is about 10# in the case of 15” deep slab drawers. A 36" low drawer with 5" front has about 26# of content capacity given the stated rating of the hardware—marginally acceptable but the load in shallow drawers at least tends to be balanced and not overly heavy unless your junk drawer has too many small tools and other compact metal objects “stored” inside it. Deep 36" wide drawer kits have only about 40# content capacity while in some configurations able to hold objects more than 12" in height to include a stand mixer. A common use of deep, wide drawers is underneath a cooktop where they're expected to be filled with cookware which can in turn be expected to include some heavy items like cast iron or ceramic/glass in concentrated loads like nested piles and stacks. Two such arrangements are photographed in their brochure. I specify hardware for such drawers to have rated capacity for at least 100# of contents and a drawer box suitable for considerably more as they have to endure particularly rough normal service. I find 40# inadequate for the purpose. While nothing can be done to increase the load capacity something can be done to address the bottoms' front and rear support. All drawers have one hole pre-drilled through the center back to add a screw to support the rear bottom edge--I suggest adding more to wider drawers. The little plastic clip that installs at the bottom front through the corner and into bottom of deeper and wider drawers is another thing. I cannot find similar online and ordered additional ones from Menards as the only alternative I could find is too thick for the shallow drawers. The SKU is 4789831. I suggest and did add two additional for 36" wide of any depth; one additional for 30" wide of any depth; one additional for 24" wide medium or deep kits, and one (none provided) for 24” wide shallow drawers as well. I also added one for all interior 18” drawers as these rely on the 1/2” thin simple particleboard front to act as the handle and I see those in the pantry deflect a bit even with an empty drawer. When installing the clips and just before you have the screws driven home back them out, put a bit of Gorilla Glue on the end of the screw and reinsert tightening fully. In my opinion deep drawers wider than 24" and medium wider than 30" should be avoided in most cases due to the content capacity limits previously mentioned. The "whole cabinet" under sink pullouts that will be irresistible for "rides" to toddlers certainly fall in the "avoid" category. The 18" wide units intended for multiple trash cans are, I believe, at the upper limit of not only the drawer support hardware but the entire system which afterwards becomes massive enough to suffer from the sort of sudden complete failure under momentary high stress that characterizes particleboard furnishings.
    The 5” false sink front fastens securely and easily using the supplied robust specialty hardware.
    The hardware for the lift-up door above the fridge installed quickly (drilling required) using the supplied templates and instructions. The door aligned and operated perfectly the moment I attached it and required zero adjustment of any sort. I've installed similar hinges before in my custom cabinetry and it can be a very tedious process. This was fast and painless.
    The "light valances" attached to the lower edge of the upper cabinets are, as I suspected, rather loose and non-square when attached using the supplied hardware and as instructed—just as they are in the store display. I used small “L” brackets to secure the corners to trim panels/walls and the trim is now very secure. Be sure to buy shorter screws (likely #8 x 1/2" flat head) to use into cabinet side trim panels as the supplied screws are usually 3/4" and the panels are 5/8". A spring-load automatic centering drill bit is your dear friend when installing these and similar. I cut strips of 24V high output LED strips for undercabinet lighting—actually the first time I have installed any form of undercabinet lighting. I've worked with the strip LEDs before so that was no problem but I likely made a novice mistake that bears mentioning. After attaching and testing the strips in my haste I simply stuck them on (with the aid of a helper) slightly behind the valance using the back edge of the mounting brackets as convenient alignment guides. This resulted in a sharp light cutoff line about four inches back from the front of the counter. I suggest some experimentation as while the valance is certain to cast a shadow its position will vary somewhat as will the harshness of the cutoff point as you move the light source towards the wall. The valance is sure to cast a shadow somewhere but its position and cutoff degree will vary somewhat as you move the light towards the back wall. I do like the lighting results I achieved but there is potential for improvement.
    The suggested/supplied and particularly flimsy hardware and installation method for the filler panels when you must "pull" cabinets away from walls produces an unacceptable result that is misaligned from the start and highly vulnerable to damage from ordinary cleaning and use. The bracket method is OK, but you need at least three on a 30" long piece (six for an 80" or 90" tall cabinet) and are better off buying common (and heavier) 2” or so corner brackets in the hardware section. Again a spring loaded self-centering drill bit is, again, your best friend here. You should also nail a strip of wood vertically to the wall in a position measured for its front edge to act as a backer to the cabinet filler strip. This backer does not need to fill the entire space vertically (nor do you attach the filler to it) but it must be plumb and accurately positioned. There probably won't be a stud so use some construction adhesive and tack it in position with drywall screws.
    I would NEVER use a 5/8” thick particle board panel as the sole support for an overhanging countertop like happens with a dishwasher at the end of a cabinet run! This is exactly what you get if you select, “Support only” in the design program. Not only will it look weak is IS weak! Incredibly so. One good bang and it's torn loose if not shattered. If you select “support and appearance” (or something like that) you just get two such particle board panels. Two times zero is still zero! Such things require structural strength and fastener holding ability that you can only get using plywood or dimensional lumber! Try a doubled panel at your own risk but please don't even consider using a single one for this application.
    To quickly end a review that grew the Klearvue system produced a kitchen of first-rate fit and appearance that surpassed that of many ready-made face-framed kitchens I've both seen and installed and rivaled or bested the frameless ready-made and customs I've seen and built. You can add functional accessories usually found in high-end ready-made and custom for significantly less cost. Drawers have an excellent feel but content capacity is severely limited in the wide and deep versions. The Varsta finish I chose seems very durable with general durability as good as can be expected for the underlying manufactured wood materials with cabinet trim panel edges a weakness.

• Robert Sanders
    last year

Forget the leveling legs on the cabinets. Build a platform of wood and shim it as needed to achieve level. Install cabinets on top. Easy Breezey.

• HU-998044205
    last year

I had customers purchase these cabinmates, save your money and frustration and do not get them. they are junk! Both times packages where full of hidden damage, unglued joints, fake paper inside damaged, Menards contact Kathy Winemaker could not even help with any issues. If it wasn't for the hassle I would rip them out and return them. We purchased over 18,000 dollars worth.

• HU-310792187
    6 months ago

After our experience I definitely would not recommend klearvue. The instructions are absolutely horrible. And many times even with an expert, experienced carpenter we had to do trial and error to determine how to install the cabinets. The veneer is very, very thin as well. We did the travik Hickory and no kidding I'm guessing the veneer is on the order of 1/64th inch. It Scratches is very, very easily. The side panel display in the stores was quite deceptive. Just FYI, the side panel veneer is extremely thin. Wall paper better describes this rather than veener. Without an expert Carpenter helping us there is no way, absolutely no way we could have installed these cabinets. There was a lot of customization that needed to happen to get them to install properly. Had we known this ahead of time I doubt very much we would have chosen klearvue. In the end after they are installed I think they will look good. But the effort, stress and frustration to get to this point I think it would have been well worth spending the extra money.

• kathy zinner
    4 months ago

Klearvue Menards, installed 5 years ago in cottage, chemical odor is still being offgassed, cottage is ful time heat and air, not full time occupied. If clothing linens left in cabinets odor is absorbed into material. Front door panels are all warped. Do not recommend.

• kathy zinner
    4 months ago

Five years after installing cabinets are still off gassing, instaled in cottage with heat and air, odor perminates into linens and clothing. Front doors are all all warped. do not recommend.

• HU-396617205
    4 months ago
    last modified: 4 months ago

Currently installing cabinets in our home. I really wish I would have read these reviews before we purchased them. We have had to return some of them due to damaged corners, the box was in perfect condition, but the product inside was not. With as much money spent on these I will not install broken product. Attached is how the front of the cabinets were sent. Of course tons of chips in them. I DO NOT recommend these. Spend the extra $$ and get something better. I wish we would have.

• Robert Sanders
    4 months ago

Yes, if you have no knowledge of cabinet installation, stay away from Klearvue. But if you have no knowledge, you should probably stay away from any cabinet installation. I'm a retired carpenter who recently remodeled my 1930s lake cottage kitchen. I was leary of Klearvue so researched them online using Houzz and Youtube videos. Then, went to Menards in Waukesha, WI to see them and talk to designers. I suggest talking to the department manager, they're usually the most knowledgeable. I had already designed kitchen layout, but designer suggested several changes that made more sense and even saved money. I asked her about all the damaged pieces talked about online and she said corporate was addressing that with their suppliers. When my cabinets were delivered, I saw no damaged boxes to report. After delivery, I inventoried every box/component carefully and found 1 item missing. Later during install, there was 1 cabinet box not assembled correctly and 1 shelf that needed to be exchanged. No problem with exchange, and no return fee. My floor and ceiling were not level and my walls were not plumb. I did not use the leveling legs. I thought that would be too tedious. Instead, I built toekick "platforms" with 2x4s and shimmed as needed. The ceiling was leveled, with the help of my Bosch laser level, with 1x2s, shimed as needed, and attached thru existing plaster into the joists. I left walls as is and plumbed cabinets with shims as needed. This came back to bite me when the time came to attach the cover panels to ends of cabinets. The correct cover panels were not wide enough for scribing to walls, so I returned them and bought a 36x96 panel to cut the needed sizes. I also returned the toe kicks, opting instead to use 1x pine painted with color matched paint. Assembly, installation, and adjustment of the drawers and doors is tedious. Just keep telling yourself "I'm saving money." Hardware is top grade.

Would I buy again? Yes. I did not run into the myriad of issues discussed in this forum.