SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
weedyacres

Need source for unfinished cabinets

weedyacres
11 years ago

I'm planning a super low-budget kitchen remodel in a low-price house, and will be re-using some of the existing cabinets (1920 vintage, painted) and adding new ones, plus either modifying the existing door fronts or replacing the doors so they all match. I'll likely buy the lowers (mostly drawer bases) and build the uppers. Thus I need unpainted cabinets so I can paint everything the same color and have a somewhat uniform-looking kitchen.

I've browsed CL for used cabinets, and it'll be a challenge to get the right sizes to fit my piecemeal needs plus many will need modifications (e.g., changing door base to drawer base, buying different door/drawer fronts) that will bump the cost up. Menards also has pretty cheap unfinished oak cabinets (not my first choice for painting) for So far I think the best deal I can find is from Kitchen Cabinet Depot. They've got a vast size/configuration selection of unfinished RTA and prices are about 46% of what Lowe's quoted me for Shenandoah finished cabs. Depending on the salvageability of the existing cabinets, I could probably piecemeal the cabinets I need for $1400-2400.

I've searched these forums and googled as well, and can't find any reviews of them. I know daveinorlando suggested buying one and putting it together to assess the quality, and I could do that. But also wondering if anyone here has experience with them. Or has other companies to recommend for unfinished RTA cabinets. (The RTA is optional, but presumably cheaper, so that's why I'm going that direction).

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz