SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jeannine2468

Question about step-sons art choices

Marie Brown
6 years ago

My then boyfriend moved into my home about 4 years ago with his two boys and we merged families. At that time he came strolling in with this HUGE Wyland Dolphin art print. Ok, bare with me here It's very very 80's and my home which is of course, now our home, is not. At the time i did say i didnt like it, not in the way that he couldnt bring his own art, but honestly its totally not in style or our style, and I didnt want it displayed as he and his ex wife bought it on their honeymoon. It just makes me feel a lil icky. So fast forward 4 years, we are now engaged,everything is great, and his boys mother is selling her home. Well, last night I saw that art print and another in one of the boys rooms! So i mentioned it today and asked fiance knew it was here. He said no and then got defensive and upset that son cant hang up art that he likes. Ok, i never said he couldnt hang it, i just asked father if he knew it was here. Heres the thing, i really dont want it here. Not in a jealousy way, pictures arent threatening, but i feel kind of funny having to look at pics my husband and his ex wife bought on their honeymoon. Am i overthinking this? Is it kind of wierd to have hanging in our home now? My thought is son should take to his new home with his mom and hang in his room there.

Comments (15)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz