SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texasee

Planning for a spring renovation

Kristin
6 years ago

Hi Everyone,

We are starting to plan for a kitchen/first floor remodel to start this spring. I've included the layout below. I'm still in the macro stage of planning at the moment. We are a family of 4, daughters 8 and 5. I'm the main cook but the girls are starting to want to cook more. Our kitchen is difficult at the moment, we have a small amount of storage with two blind corners. There is only 93 inches between the cabinets by the fridge and the sink. I tend to most of my prep on the peninsula above the dishwasher.

We would like to create an office on the first floor. My husband works from home full time and current works in the dining room. I'm considering either turning the formal living currently used as a playroom into the office and expanding the kitchen into the dining room or keeping the kitchen in the same location and closing the dining room off for a more functional office. We will remove the wall between eating area and the family room. There is a fireplace in the family room that we want to keep. I would like to maximize functionality and then more storage. We are going to have 60k to spend, but need to include all new floors, new bathroom fixtures, and ceiling popcorn removal.

Thank you for any help.

Comments (15)