SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fourmandt

Seeking layout help for tentative Spring kitchen renovation!

Barb Williams
5 years ago

Hello! Seeking advice on the layout of this kitchen we plan on renovating in the spring. I am attempting to attach a graph paper image of the current layout and I will supply pics of the actual space as soon as I can.

As you can see, it is rather unfitted and I struggle with many openings and doorways. We are a family of 5 transitioning into the college years. We cook and bake a lot, so we require a functional kitchen with lots of storage.

One thing I will say about the layout that is hard to convey with a drawing is that the peninsula is open with no upper cabinets or wall. It has an overhang that spans across the front and makes the base cabinets very impractical It is adjacent to an open staircase that goes to the basement and also the second floor. We are willing to wall that off. We are also willing to wall off one of the patio windows on the left. The door to the patio we would like to keep. We would rather not move the sink as it is under a nice window facing our front yard, which I like. Stove and Fridge can go wherever. We can't change the front door.

A couple stools in the kitchen would be nice for the occasional tea or snack.

At my last house, I had a nice cabinet dedicated to baking which was nice, and also a nice pantry for foodstuff and appliances, which I also miss a great deal.

Thank you in advance. I have a few ideas of my own, but I am not very confident about them, and I am looking forward to any suggestions or opinions.

Comments (27)