SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susshakeri

New kitchenaid refrigerator nightmare and warning to others

susshakeri
6 years ago

I bought a new Kitchenaid refrigerator model KRFF507ESS on 4/21/17 at Pacific Sales in San Jose. We also purchased the extended warranty through Pacific Sales in Best Buy the same day. Today, our refrigerator is 4 months old. The refrigerator is broken, no ice, the freezer doesn't freeze and all my food is spoiled. I have now been without a working refrigerator for a week. Whirlpool fixed it this week and now it's broken again. Not only is it broken, but it makes a very loud humming/buzzing sound. Whirlpool (manufacturer of kitchenaid) won't replace my refrigerator and I have to wait until next week for yet another repair. I am not eligible for an exchange or refund after 4 months, I was told. Pacific Sales also said I was not eligible for an exchange or refund. They further commented that they were sorry I was disappointed., but they can't offer me anything more. My daughter is on medication that needs to be refrigerated with a temperature range of 36-46 degrees. Whirlpool knows this information, yet they will not help me to get a reliable, working refrigerator that I desperately need. Please research before you buy any appliance. What we are experiencing is apparently not uncommon. I will never buy another #kitchenaid or #whirlpool product ever again! Nor will I buy through #Pacificsales.

Comments (18)