SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
alla016

Fair warning before you buy KitchenAid Appliances

Alla016
9 years ago

Our first refrigerator was a KitchenAid; loved it. When the ice maker stopped working, they determined that it could not be repaired and gave us a new refrigerator. Amazing! I became an avid KitchenAid fan/customer. Four years ago we renovated our kitchen so naturally I wanted everything KitchenAid. We got the top of the line refrigerator, built-in stainless steel(cost a pretty penny). Well a couple weeks ago we started hearing an odd pinging noise coming from the frig. Called Kitchenaid,(they seem to know right off the bat what the problem was), told us electronics was not covered but if we buy extended warranty it would be. Ok, bought the warranty, setup service call. When they came, we were told the electronic board is no longer made and if they could not find one, we were out of luck. That was the case and now we are fending for ourselves.
KitchenAid was sold to Whirlpool in 1986. We may have had the great service before they were sold. Now they advertise "top of the line" products that are costly but sell substandard and don't support their consumers as they should. Since this has happened, I've researched and discovered we're not the only ones who have had problems. I for one will Never buy KitchenAid again. I can't afford to spend top of the line dollars with a company who does not care to stand by its products.

Comments (23)