SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

Blast from the Past (for me)

Cherryfizz
6 years ago

I have already posted this on Facebook but do you remember when quite a few years ago when I excitedly posted daily about my gifted kitchen reno and my handsome handyman who was doing the work? I had the shock of my life when he showed up at my door today. I was talking to the lawyer for my sisters estate when the knock came. Did I answer the door or let the lawyer go. I looked out the slightly opened front door to see who it was and told the lawyer I would have to call him back. Handsome Ken was at the door, I had just posted about him on Facebook the other day reminiscing and here he is at my front door again after many years. He said "I heard you needed your basement disinfected" haha words a girl really wants to hear after a basement flood. I just started laughing. Didn't help I was still in my pjs but at least they were pretty pjs. I guess handyman Ken was helping at Neighbour Ken's clearing out his basement and heard I needed help. He is going to come over tomorrow to wash and spray down the basement with disinfectant. I tried, was able to spray the rafters and ducts but with my back I was really hurting just from carrying the wet clothes and bins up the stairs to the curb. Such a coincidence. Much older, grey haired but still handy and handsome haha. I asked about his step daughter and said she must be going into Grade 4 and he said she was going into Grade 10 at my old high school. Where did the time go? I also have good and bad news about my insurance. I do have flood insurance up to $10,000 and that is all I ever needed so when I called my insurance broker they told me if I put in another claim (this would be the 3rd since 2005) they most likely will cancel my policy. So be it. Since I have coverage now I might as well use it to replace my furnace and washer and dryer because I need those items. If they cancel my policy I can get another broker. I was just worried that the claim from last years storm would be cancelled but apparently not and the work will still get done when I am ready. So, isn't that a coincidence Handyman Ken showed up when I just jokingly posted on FB that the next man I date or have a relationship with is going to be someone that knows how to fix things haha. My cousin said get dolled up and offer him a cup of tea. I am sure he is married or in a relationship but I can offer him the tea at least. Hmm who else can I conjure up from my past.

Comments (4)