SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kscosco123

Please help!!!! Advice on 1/4 gap/reveal btwn Kitchen Cabinet doors

kscosco123
6 years ago

Long story short - Home Depot has been AWFUL to work with and made multiple promises they can't keep. It's a long story, I requested to purchase new cabinets instead of the mix of new custom cabinets and refacing the sales rep ordered me. He said I would lose my $3500 deposit, and assured me there would be 1/8 to 1/16 gap between cabinet doors so I dropped it.

Now installed: 1/8 to 1/16 between doors of the same cabinet and 1/2 in gaps between doors of separate cabinets (in addition to 4 doors arriving broken). I HATE the way it looks. Cabinets are face frame; I should have just been allowed to order new frameless to achieve the look I wanted but was lied to so the refacing guy could still get the sale.

Anyway, onto the solutions. They can get new hinges or replace my upper cabinets entirely:

A: 1/4 in reveal between ALL doors (including doors of same cabinets and doors of diff cabinets)

B: 1/4 in reveal between doors of different cabinets (current 1/2 in gaps become 1/4 in gaps), others stay the same

C: New frameless cabinets on the uppers instead; installation manager was angry when I suggested this because he said I was asking to replace all the uppers for 4 - 1/2 gaps, but this is what I was promised. The lowers would still look fine as face frame because of how the kitchen is designed.

What will look best?

Please help! I have to make the decision pretty quickly :) Thank you so much in advance.

Comments (11)