SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
budiningsih

Kitchen Reveal!! Part 1

budiningsih
7 years ago

We're finally done with our kitchen! Took slightly longer than we anticipated -13 weeks instead of 10 but we're super excited with the results!

I'm very grateful that a community like this exists. Kitchen remodeling is such an overwhelming process that I am certain I wouldn't have been able to put this kitchen together without it. The list of cabinet lines put together by jakuvall, Kompy, livewireoaks and others as well as the threads about countertops by karin_mt proved invaluable when making the commitment to buy thousands of dollars worth of cabinets and countertops.

I pretty much consulted this forum for everything - from which line of cabinets i should choose to where cabinet pulls should be placed.

I especially found kitchen reveals here to be inspiring and encouraging, particularly whenever the remodeling process got too frustrating! I hope someone will in turn get encouraged by our remodel!

This is what we started with:

And this is what we ended up with:

We used Yorktown cabinetry - platinum line. Elkay, who owns medallion, bought yorktowne a few years ago. I called Elkay and was told that structurally, Yorktowne platinum is medallion gold line. Medallion gets stuff first and in a couple of years, the color and door choices get to yorktowne.

We used 2x8 polished white subway tiles I found very reasonably from overstock.com for backsplash with Carrara random linear mosaic tile arranged vertically for the backsplash. Lots of advice from this forum prevented me from making a huge mistake with choosing something that may have clashed with the countertop- white princess quartzite.

Pulls were from Amerock - blackrock collection in satin nickel.

My carpenter/cabinet designer had the great idea of using 48" stacked uppers. This idea dramatically lowered cabinet costs because I was able to have. A second row of cabinet uppers without breaking the bank! I also used environmental lights to design my layout for under cabinet lighting. Word to the wise: get environmental lighting to make up all the different light sections. My electrician ended up doing it, and because it wasn't an every day thing for him, it cost a lot more.

Instead of a casement window, I opted for a picture window, making the window space feel larger. I wasn't worried about not being able to open it because I had 4 double hung windows at the other side of the kitchen.

Sink is a 80/20 tight radius rectangular one from Ticor (based on all the good reviews here about Ticor sinks).

Faucet: Delta pilar.

swing arm light in satin nickel is from lightingdirect.com.

I took out a pantry closet which was too deep for find anything and put in a pull out pantry and an appliance garage to house my computer.

I hope you've enjoyed my reveal! I'll post some more pictures soon!

Comments (39)