SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
donna_loomis

My Little Reveal Part 2

donna_loomis
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

The doorway to the left of the wall oven led down the hall. Since we opened up the space and a wider doorway in the living room also opened into the hallway, we elected to have the men close the doorway in the kitchen, which gave us more cupboard space.

All done! The refrigerator is now where the oven used to be and the closed up doorway is now a pantry and very skinny broom closet. The sink and stove are in their previous locations. I would have loved to have the sink under a window, but I'm fine with the present location.

Instead, we put the coffee station under the window. I definitely stole that idea from this forum. Never heard of a coffee station before visiting here, but it is one of my husband's favorite things about the kitchen. Guests can do their thing at the coffee station and stay out of the cook's way, too.

The countertop is Viaterra Snowcap.

Here is a long shot showing our tiny mission style table, all folded up for just the two of us.

And here is Thanksgivi9ng 2016 with our gang of 9 (I'm behind the camera and near the refrigerator), with the table lengthened to its maximum.

We have yet to decide on window coverings, so in the meantime, I've put up what my daughter calls "hideous" cheap curtains. Most tell me shutters is the way to go, but I think that would make my bright kitchen too dark. I think some type of blinds would be good. W have 6 indoor cats and I think vertical would be best. My husband hates vertical blinds and wants horizontal, which I think the cats would destroy. They love to see outside and there are a few snags in the curtains already and I don't think I want curtains again. There is a large window in the living room and I had to pull the curtains down. I did put the sheers back up, but had to tie them up and loop them over the rod, because the cats think it has a really nice windowsill, LOL.

I had window tint put on the three windows and it's fine during the day, but at night, people can see in, so I really do need to come up with something. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Comments (14)