SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Sharon/Chase's chile sauce

annie1992
6 years ago

Yeah, yeah, I know it's actually "Elaine's" chile sauce, but I finally dug out my recipe and made a batch. Dave walked in while it was simmering and took a deep breath in, sighed and said "If you put some thin slices of steak in there, it would be the best pepper steak ever". I might have to do that, just for him. (grin)

I had a LOT of tomatoes and have probably 4 times this many left in the garden:

Peeled them, chopped them up with the rest of the veggies and put them into my big Nesco roaster. It's how I do large batches of chicken stock to can, and it doesn't stick or scorch on the bottom like things do on the stove top when they begin to thicken.

It worked like a charm too, but it took 6 hours of cooking at 350F to reduce it to the thickeness I like. I hit it with the stick blender to get rid of big chunks and poured it into jars. 12 pints exactly, with nothing left over! Now I'm thinking about whether I need another batch or if I should just move on to spaghetti sauce....

So, thanks again, Sharon, for a great recipe. Do Moe and AnnT still get that jar every year at Christmas for the tourtiere? Heck, I might have to make that, just to go with the chile sauce. I will confess that I'm a coward, so those 4 hot peppers became two hot peppers. Yeah, I know.....

Annie

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH