SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
annie1992_gw

Sharon/Chase's chile sauce

annie1992
6 years ago

I know that it makes an awesome sauce for meatballs, and I know AnnT's husband, Moe, has it on his holiday Tourtiere, But I use most of mine to make sloppy joes. Yeah, really.

I don't really use a recipe, I just brown some ground beef or venison or moose or turkey or whatever, add a chopped onion. I like celery but the kids don't, so that depends on my mood. Dump in a jar of Chase's chile sauce, stir, simmer, taste. Add some tomato paste, a squirt of neon yellow mustard or honey mustard or grainy mustard or whatever is in the fridge that you need to use up. Add some brown sugar, not much, stir. Taste again. When it's right, put it on buns and it's nearly as fast as that canned Manwich stuff, but way better and infinitely customizable to your own taste.

Yesterday's batch was for lunch with the grandkids during cookie baking, so it stayed warm in the crockpot for a while. No celery, extra brown sugar, Readinglady's Bread and Butter Jalapenos on Elery's. Bud likes the addition of BBQ sauce to his, but he was outnumbered by girls, LOL.

So, thanks Sharon, for a great recipe. I know it's called "Elaine's Chile Sauce", but in my mind, it's become yours. I've canned sloppy joe sauce in different variations, but everyone likes your chile sauce better. I'll have to can more of it next year, every year I make a little more, and it's never quite enough!

Merry Christmas.

Annie

Comments (11)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH