SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ed0016

Narrow condo entryway shelf

ed0016
6 years ago

Long-time reader, first time poster! I have a narrow entryway in my condo apartment and would like some advice on decorating the space. When you enter the unit, on the left side is a wall (kitchen on other side) and on the right is a door that leads to a large closet. After the kitchen, there is a wall that is 28 inches long and it is here that I would like to hang a framed picture (already bought, just need to frame, probably walnut shade - I've taped the unframed picture to the wall for reference) as well as a shelf below to hold a key tray and maybe a small object. Once framed, the picture will be around 16" long, so I am thinking a max shelf length of approx. 20" would be appropriate and max depth of 5", so as not to walk into it when I round the corner. My decorating style is mostly modern, with a little mid-century and neutral and natural colors (natural wood, white, grays, and navy blue). Any ideas on what type of shelf to get (floating or something with brackets)? Any tips and ideas are appreciated!

Comments (5)