SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19760412

Quotes 9 - 4 - 17

User
6 years ago

Phoebe Cary Quotes
American - Poet September 4, 1824 - 1871

Death comes not to the living soul, nor age to the loving heart.
Phoebe Cary

And though hard be the task, 'Keep a stiff upper lip'.
Phoebe Cary

One sweetly solemn thought, comes to me o'er and o'er; I am nearer home today, than I ever have been before.
Phoebe Cary

Mary Renault Quotes
English - Novelist September 4, 1905 - 1983

Go with your fate, but not beyond. Beyond leads to dark places.
Mary Renault

You can make an audience see nearly anything, if you yourself believe in it.
Mary Renault

How can people trust the harvest, unless they see it sown?
Mary Renault

In hatred as in love, we grow like the thing we brood upon. What we loathe, we graft into our very soul.
Mary Renault

It is bitter to lose a friend to evil, before one loses him to death.
Mary Renault

Miss Searle had always considered boredom an intellectual defeat.
Mary Renault

Money buys many things... The best of which is freedom.
Mary Renault

Richard Wright Quotes
American - Novelist September 4, 1908 - November 28, 1960

The artist must bow to the monster of his own imagination.
Richard Wright

Men can starve from a lack of self-realization as much as they can from a lack of bread.
Richard Wright

Don't leave inferences to be drawn when evidence can be presented.
Richard Wright

It's becoming very much like 1979 again.
Richard Wright

Men simply copied the realities of their hearts when they built prisons.
Richard Wright

The impulse to dream was slowly beaten out of me by experience. Now it surged up again and I hungered for books, new ways of looking and seeing.
Richard Wright

I would hurl words into this darkness and wait for an echo, and if an echo sounded, no matter how faintly, I would send other words to tell, to march, to fight, to create a sense of hunger for life that gnaws in us all.
Richard Wright

I'd like to see the bay cleaned up before I die.
Richard Wright

Paul Harvey Quotes
American - Journalist September 4, 1918 - February 28, 2009

Self-government won't work without self-discipline.
Paul Harvey

Like what you do. If you don't like it, do something else.
Paul Harvey

Now you know the rest of the story.
Paul Harvey

Ever since I made tomorrow my favorite day, I've been uncomfortable looking back.
Paul Harvey

If 'pro' is the opposite of 'con' what is the opposite of 'progress'?
Paul Harvey

The policeman must be a minister, a social worker, a diplomat, a tough guy, and a gentleman. And, of course, he'd have to be a genius... For he will have to feed a family on a policeman's salary.
Paul Harvey

In times like these, it helps to recall that there have always been times like these.
Paul Harvey

Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore,' shoot six, and write down five.
Paul Harvey

I've never seen a monument erected to a pessimist.
Paul Harvey

Every pessimist who ever lived has been buried in an unmarked grave. Tomorrow has always been better than today, and it always will be.
Paul Harvey

Dependency arguments often come from elites - either aid agencies or governments - and say something about attitudes to poor people.
Paul Harvey

One vote. That's a big weapon you have there, Mister. In 1948, just one additional vote in each precinct would have elected Dewey. In 1960, one vote in each precinct in Illinois would have elected Nixon. One vote.
Paul Harvey

Government has to be cut back like asparagus... every day... or it gets away and goes to seed. Ours did. When there's too much of it, the flower becomes a weed.
Paul Harvey

If there is a 50-50 chance that something can go wrong, then 9 times out of ten it will.
Paul Harvey

As industry's tycoons of the Thirties got their wings clipped, labor's leaders in the Eighties are getting their wings clipped. Not because of any class-related antagonism, but because any excess, ultimately, is its own undoing.
Paul Harvey

Retiring is just practicing up to be dead. That doesn't take any practice.
Paul Harvey

A policeman must know everything - and not tell. He must know where all the sin is and not partake.
Paul Harvey

When your outgo exceeds your income, the upshot may be your downfall.
Paul Harvey

I am fiercely loyal to those willing to put their money where my mouth is.
Paul Harvey

Ever occur to you why some of us can be this much concerned with animals suffering? Because government is not. Why not? Animals don't vote.
Paul Harvey

We were poor, but we didn't know it. There were no government bureaus in those days presuming to determine where poorness begins and ends, but I don't remember ever being hungry.
Paul Harvey

I was never one who sought to make the small man tall by cutting off the legs of a giant. I wanted to drag no man down to my size. Only to preserve a way of life which might make it possible for me, one day, to elevate myself until I at least partly matched his size.
Paul Harvey

What is a policeman made of? He, of all men, is once the most needed and the most unwanted. He's a strangely nameless creature who is 'Sir' to his face and 'Fuzz' to his back.
Paul Harvey

Cut out the free feed for the boss hogs at the public trough and the spill-over they've been leaving us. We'll manage.
Paul Harvey

When America's early pioneers first turned their eyes toward the West, they did not demand that somebody take care of them if they got ill or got old. They did not demand maximum pay for minimum work, and even pay for no work at all.
Paul Harvey

Comments (3)

Sponsored
More Discussions