SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathleen_smith6227819

Funny example of why McDonald workers don't need $15 an hour.

Kathsgrdn
6 years ago

Was out running short errands today. Had to pick up some food for the week and workweek coming up, etc...Stopped to get a cafe mocha at Mc D's. Asked for 1/2 the syrup, explaining that I don't like it really sweet so they would understand the request. NOPE, when I got to the window she said she wasn't sure they could do that because "it came out of a machine"....and apparently she charged me 30 cents for "light liquid sugar". WTH?! So, when I got up to the pickup window I asked why I was charged 30 cents more for less syrup and that girl said they were going to add sugar to my drink???? Not what I asked for. She had to get the manager, who made my drink after explaining that the syrup came out of the machine and they use 3 pumps and he could do 1 1/2...OKAY. So, the line behind me was held up longer than it should have for something so simple. Half the syrup. It means half the syrup. I was about to tell them to forget the 30 cents because I felt bad for holding the line up for a couple minutes longer than it should have, even though it really wasn't my fault. But they handed me the drink and 30 cents at the same time. I guess I could have gone inside since it was such a complicated order.

Comments (50)