SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bpschultz14

1st Home - "Snout House" - Help with Curb Appeal?

New Homeowner
6 years ago

Hi All - this is my first time using Houzz, and I've already learned so much! My husband and I just bought our first home, and we have a very pronounced "Snout House" from the 1970's. I did some research on Houzz and found some really great tips already. It's ironic that this article is about Cedar Rapids, Iowa, as that is where we just moved from: Article about Snout Houses (from a different post)

I'd really appreciate some opinions/advice about curb appeal for our Snout House. Anything from windows, doors, soffits, landscape, etc. Thoughts so far:

• We are on a corner and have little "design" currently for our Snout House
  • We have awkward spaced windows due to a fireplace - maybe baskets or shutters?
  • We are looking at getting a new front door and I'd love shutters but I'm not sure the spacing will work
  • There is a crabapple that dirties the driveway - might remove and put a tree in the middle of the yard? The tree on the left of the house hangs over the roof and drops a bunch of brown leaves all year round
  • We are looking to replace the cracked/crumbled driveway and sidewalk (original, and badly needs repaired) and maybe widen the walkway a bit
  • We want to have brown mulch next year and maybe some flowers

Thank you for your suggestions!

Comments (14)