SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_43563389

Help recovering peace lilies?

User
6 years ago

Hi, I had a friend take care of my plants while I was away for a couple weeks - I'm sure he did his best but they sustained an unbelievable amount of damage IMO, especially for peace lilies. A lot of dried leaves, some brown and yellow (mostly around the outer edge of the plants), and with one the leaves are drooping a lot like it really needs water but the soil was already damp when I picked it up, so maybe the problem was that they were overwatered (they were all damp when I picked them up).
I was hoping for any and all advice you can give me regarding helping the plants recover. I already trimmed the leaves with sterilized scissors that seemed way beyond recovery. Please see the pics here (trimmed leaves, followed by worst-looking plant, followed by second worst-looking):
https://imgur.com/a/7roaK
Also, any ideas on how long they will take to recover? They looked great when I dropped them off but they look terrible now (one of them at least - and all of them looked MUCH worse than the pictures before I trimmed the leaves), and am curious about this question also. Not just to look healthy again but to regrow new leaves to replace those that were cut.
Thanks!

Comments (5)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH