SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
handledbucket

Pls Help! My poor E Purpusorum :(

Over the weekend I left my e. purpusorum outside to get some sun on my covered porch. On Sunday or Monday, I noticed that two of the leaves were a little loose; a little wiggly like loose teeth. I wasn't sure was was going on, but I thought I must have hit it against the side of the box I carried it in. Other than the wiggly leaves, it seemed okay. I bottom watered it yesterday and then today after work, I noticed that those two leaves were slightly discolored and easily removed. Two other leaves then also came off--definitely look like they were rotting. (They did not show this dark color even yesterday day--I had carefully inspected the plant before watering.) I removed it from the mix and part of the stem does look dark, but it is not squishy at all. (I can't recall if part of it was dark before when i repotted it--unfortunately I had forgotten to take photos.) One of the leaves on that side toward the center also feels a hair wiggly. I am guessing it is the beginnings of rot, just hasn't softened yet, though I do have an e. fabiola that has a dark part of the stem and it has been fine.

I'm so upset; this is my favorite succulent. :( I'm not sure what went wrong. Do you think there is anything I can do to save it? Should I remove other leaves along the bottom and try to cut off the dark bits? I know how fast rot spreads and I want to act fast. I'm worried that it may be too far gone given the loose leaf near the center. I'm attaching photos of the leaves and stem. Can anyone offer any advice? :(

(other info--potted in gritty mix about 6 weeks ago and it rooted very quickly. Has been doing well since then and I watered approximately every 6 days-- when the mix seemed to be dry and the leaves started to get a little soft)

You can see the dark spots where the leaves were and the dark part of the stem near roots. Those worry me and so does the little black dot between two of the leaves on the left.

Side view of where the leaves came off.

View of the healthy side of the stem.

The leaves that came off.

Comments (25)