SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rudebekia

Ebay Question re: Paypal

Rudebekia
6 years ago

I know there are some experienced ebay buyers/sellers here so thought I'd try my question. I cancelled my Paypal account about 6 months ago: I had a difficult time with that company and no longer want to support it. However, a purchase I made on ebay this morning went through Paypal despite the fact that I actually made the purchase directly to my credit card at the seller's site. Nevertheless I got a Paypal receipt. I called Paypal and to even get in the voice system you need to give your credit card number. Once I got a live person (difficult to do) I explained I did NOT have a Paypal account and therefore did not know why it went through Paypal. He stated one HAD to check out through a Paypal Guest Account that is set up for each purchase, even if you paid directly through a credit card.

Is this true?? It drives me crazy. I am being forced to use Paypal even though I do not choose to, and they still evidently have all my credit card information. If this is true I won't use ebay again.

Thanks.

Comments (10)