SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nancyramos98

Need to finalize curtain (motorized) for large window

Nancy
6 years ago

Our master bedroom has a large door/window with beautiful views outside. We decided to have a motorized curtain for convenience and also for decorative purpose. This is the best feature of our house and the only thing that husband really cares. He wants complete blackout because he cannot sleep well if there is light.

Dimensions:

Window: 144"

Wall-to-wall - 230"

After multiple discussions, we decided to go for wall-to-wall curtain.

The curtain is being made by a workroom quite far from where I am. I've just placed an order for the curtain track, motor etc with a local window company with wall-to-wall dimensions. But, told them to hold off on ordering the curtain track just so I can I confirm the width one more time.

Here is my dilemma with different options:

Option 1: If I go wall-to-wall, the curtain stacks on the wall to the sides, but exposes around 10" of wall on either side of the window when open. Will this look odd? The curtain fabric is plain, almost the same color as the wall. The material is linen, poly blend with blackout lining.

Option 2: Have the rod width that equals: window length + stackback on either side. Once the curtain is actually done, there is a potential that the window might be covered a little (which we don't want). In this option, the wall will be exposed outside of the curtain.

Option 3: Go wall-to-wall, but have additional pleats at the end that will stay stacked stationary, just to avoid blank wall space next to the window.

Both the curtain workroom and the hardware company are really good and I feel very comfortable with them.

This whole thing costs $$$$, and I'm worried about making wrong choice. Which is a better option? Am I missing anything else?

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks a lot.

Comments (9)