SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
caligirl555

What size rug in my kitchen?

caligirl5
6 years ago

Hey everyone, I'm stalking ebay for a vintage persian rug or rugs for my kitchen, but I'm rethinking what size I need:

Here's the layout

And some pics. The current rugs are there temporarily to help the dog who just had surgery. The braided rug is 5x8. Also remodel still isn't quite finished yet.

One option is a squarish rug for the fridge-sink-bar area, where the braided rug is now. That's the most visible area in the kitchen, where I think it could really be the star.

Or I could do a long runner to go from the back door along the entire cabinet run in front of sink/range to the fridge (wider and longer than the wimpy runner that's there). I think this would define the kitchen part and protect the floor in front of the work zone. Also wouldn't cover as much of the new expensive oak floors :) Here's one I lost on ebay which would've been long enough for that whole area:

Ultimately I might end up with 2 rugs, but want to buy 1 first, see how things look and add another (plainer, not-persian) one to coordinate if needed. What would you do?

Comments (7)