SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_36257122

Hallway Lighting, Lamp Shade Quest, and Electric Question

User
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hello! I have three questions regarding lighting

First I have two hallways that join at a corner. One is long and one is short. The first already has a ceiling light, but the second has nothing. I want to update the light that exists in the long hallway and get a light for the shorter one. Should they match or would that seem redundant? I was thinking of the round glass kind that are flush to the ceiling.

Second, I have sage green curtains in my living room and would like the same color lampshades for two lamps, however I have had absolutely no success. I'm just looking for something basic - nothing frilly or beady or plaide. The shape doesn't even matter that much. I think 12" tall would be about right and preferably more cone-shaped so that they could be used for reading. I've looked on Amazon, in a local lighting store (all they had was rows and rows of white and cream shades...), Lowes, Home Depot, and on eBay and didn't find hardly any in that shade at a reasonable price.

Finally, I noticed that in my bathroom if I have the room lights off and try to switch on just the vanity light, sometime nothing happens. But, if I flick the room lights the vanity light will finally come to life. It's a fluorescent light. Sometimes it's fine turning on by itself. Should I be concerned about this? Is there something wrong with the wiring possibly?

Comment