SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_10471126

Another ornate lamp. Shade color?

User
15 years ago

Found another ornate lamp today at the thrift store. I know it's not for everyone but I really like it. The lamp is mainly brass, middle is glass, base is marble. It's 31" tall.

At this point I plan on keeping it on my buffet in the foyer. I know a lot of people will say I should have very little on here and a plain lamp to let the mirror stand by itself. I'm open to suggestions for moving and taking away the other stuff but I plan on keeping the lamp there. Maybe tomorrow I'll change my mind. :) I'm also a more is more type of person.

My question is what color shade would you use? Gold, black, ivory? My first thought was gold.

Any suggestions on style of shade and color? What about the other accessories?

I do plan on painting the foyer/hall area. Probably will go with BM Yorkshire Tan. LR is BM Shelburn Buff and Kitchen will be BM Olive Brach. Also will be adding a small rug in front of the door eventually.

Here's some pics of the lamp and the surrounding area.

IMO I think it looks nicer in person. The white part looks more...for a lack of better words, pearl like IRL. It's painted on the inside of the glass.

I put a gold shade I had from a lamp in the LR on for an idea of color. This shade is too big and I'm not sure the right shape.

{{gwi:1618586}}

{{gwi:1608662}}

{{gwi:1609493}}

{{gwi:1609481}}

I see I failed to remove the price tag on the plant.

{{gwi:1608666}}

I'm sorry if some of the pics are huge. ? I did resize all of them.

TIA

Comments (33)